10.2.5 vs 7BXX conflict ?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi there, i'm a newbe here..

I recently installed 7B21 and today 7B68. Each of them were installed on a completely different harddisk than 10.2.5.

When i returned after the install of the 7Bxx seed to Jaguar 10.2.5, it crashed due a kernel panic after 5 minutes or so.

The problems were solved after i had erased the 7Bxx version.

question: has anybody experienced this earlier ? Is it because of 10.2.5 ?

suggestions are welcome,

greetings.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I forgot my configurations..

G4 500 Sawtooth, 896 ram, 160 GB.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Same thing happened to my developer friend. And by developer friend I mean same thing happend to me after getting panther from a developer friend I have. I am running 10.2.6 though.

-Temp solution for me was to unmount and then mount the drive with 7B68

-This stopped once I installed the drivers for the firewire Hard Drive. I didn't think I'd need them because it worked fine with OS X just plugging it in, but once installed the drivers it worked fine.

G4/733/1GB RAM/A05 DVD-RW

HD w/Panther installed was a Maxtor
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Same thing happened to my developer friend. And by developer friend I mean same thing happend to me after getting panther from a developer friend I have. I am running 10.2.6 though.

-Temp solution for me was to unmount and then mount the drive with 7B68

-This stopped once I installed the drivers for the firewire Hard Drive. I didn't think I'd need them because it worked fine with OS X just plugging it in, but once installed the drivers it worked fine.

G4/733/1GB RAM/A05 DVD-RW

HD w/Panther installed was a Maxtor

Thanks for your reply,

My HD w/panther was installed was a Maxtor also.

But what do you exactly mean with "unmount and than mount the drive with 7B68" ? Sorry for the stupid question but i am trying to learn...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    See the announcement:

"Where to download Panther?" Requests or the Posting Guidelines. Specifically, tech support questions regarding Panther aren't legit. Sharing general information is okay, but coming around asking specific questions because you're having problems with the software is not. If you have questions, you are a registered developer and should be asking Apple.

Quote:

11. Posting requests or information about obtaining pirated or illegally-distributed software is prohibited. Any and all such posts may be removed without warning. If the offending member continues with such posts, he or she is subject to immediate suspension from the forums for any amount of time the administrators or moderators deem necessary. Furthermore, asking for technical support for pirated software is also not allowed and will be treated in the same mannar as posts that directly ask for pirated software.

Emphasis mine.