New Apple logo in Panther 7B74

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
http://macintosh.fryke.com/index.html

http://macintosh.fryke.com/cgi-bin/i...=ST&f=10&t=260

What do you people think? Could this become the new system-wide Apple logotype instead of the aqua-blue one?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 69
    that is insane CRAZT!!!!!Y
  • Reply 2 of 69
    Hum... much more likely it's just a bored kid with photoshop. But I like it...
  • Reply 3 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

Hum... much more likely it's just a bored kid with photoshop. But I like it...

I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to reduce his/her credibility by faking such an easy-verifyable thing.

We'll see, though
  • Reply 4 of 69
    Look at it this way... wouldn't fluffy things like this be the FIRST thing done and ironed out? All these recent builds are bug-specific ramping up for GM. They are NOT the time for frilly stuff like this. I may be wrong but I'm gonna cry "fake". Anyone else wanna ring in on this one?
  • Reply 5 of 69
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    No, these are exactly the little details that get worked out right before GM.

And yes, it's real -- been confirmed by a few people now.

Looks nice to me.
  • Reply 6 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

And yes, it's real -- been confirmed by a few people now.

Then I'm wrong.
  • Reply 7 of 69
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Reminds me of the UPS logo.

• Reply 8 of 69
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I like it. The hard reflection echoes the leaf on top.

Slick.
  • Reply 9 of 69
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    for the clicking impaired

• Reply 10 of 69
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Now I guess this little bugger is next... Chop! Chop!

• Reply 11 of 69
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    Oh that would be so cool if they changed them both!

I like the new Apple logo!
  • Reply 12 of 69
    Somehow that scratch makes it look really cool
  • Reply 13 of 69
    They put a scratch in the chrome to make it go with the Mac OS X v10.2+ look, that is subtle Aqua. Note how Mac OS X v10.2 Aqua has a little line in the middle of many widgets and pictures, including the Mac OS X v10.2 Apple logo. However here's what I posted on MacNN:

I don't like the new Apple logo, and they're reinventing the wheel; what was wrong with the Aquaified logo?

First: Colored.

Then: Apple decided on single-color and started with red and then moved to blue.

Then: Apple moved to a flat grey. I perfer the Aquaified logo, but grey is all right.

Now: New chrome "uglified" logo.

Also, remember when we thought the release date might be Sep. 16?

I'm betting new PowerBooks will come

out... in 2020.
  • Reply 14 of 69
    Um, what was the point of blurring out the Processor and Memory info in that logo?

Also, does everyone think the scratch/reflection in the logo is essential to the chrome look? Could they pull it off without?
  • Reply 15 of 69
    Now, if they would update the startup-apple to be just like that...
  • Reply 16 of 69
    dude.... i love it... awesome... change them all...

ya what's the point of blurring that... oh no look it is a G4... we know all your secrets now
  • Reply 17 of 69
    I wish they'd just have a basic bitmapped Apple logo (like on startup) and use that **everywhere, forever** instead of pissing around with it every month.

Where's the continuity? Where's the brain-searing immediacy and recognisability?

I hate all the aquafied and chromified ugliness.

Straightforward bitmap (like on startup, like on the Apple emails) is the best they've ever done.
  • Reply 18 of 69
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

Look at it this way... wouldn't fluffy things like this be the FIRST thing done and ironed out? All these recent builds are bug-specific ramping up for GM. They are NOT the time for frilly stuff like this. I may be wrong but I'm gonna cry "fake". Anyone else wanna ring in on this one?

It's a TIFF (or maybe a PDF). It's just an image. There is no way replacing one 100x100 pixel image with another one would result in any conflict or reveal any bugs whatsoever. Hell, Jaguar got a whole new theme fairly close to GM, and 10.2.3 introduced sunken widgets, both of which were far more drastic. Besides, are the graphics people supposed to take a few months off work between a few months before 10.n and 10.n+1?

Barto
  • Reply 19 of 69
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Apple is...evolving...
  • Reply 20 of 69
    OMG...that is sweet. And I never use the word "sweet" for anything.