Illustrator won't copy to other programs

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So every time I try to copy vector graphics out of illustrator, I get an error message saying "Adobe PDF File Format is having difficulties. There was a Macintosh system error (-37)." Specifically, I am trying to copy out of illustrator and paste into indesign. I checked the adobe dupport site and couldn't find anything of use. Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    OK, leave it to me to find a work-around right after posting for help. I just switched the Clipboard pref to AICB instead of PDF and it works fine now from what I can tell. Duh.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    well, i never had such problems but for what i know you have 3 possibilities you can try:

- run pref-repair (better cocktail with its auto-pilot) and retry

- throw away illu-preferences and retry, or

- reinstall illustrator

amarone

edit: oups...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by amarone

well, i never had such problems but for what i know you have 3 possibilities you can try:

- run pref-repair (better cocktail with its auto-pilot) and retry

- throw away illu-preferences and retry, or

- reinstall illustrator

amarone

oups...

Thanks. I actually tried all of those a couple weeks ago and it was a no-go. It looks like to only way is to just not use pdf for copy/paste, not that I can see any reason why I would want to. Apparently it defaults to this, but I don't know why.

Thanks for your help, though. I appreciate it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    You're welcome.

I tried it on my mac, and it works great with AICB. No error, it just pastes and copies as usual.

Is AICB better for pasting between AI, PS and ID? Does it matter?