Comments

• Reply 1 of 90
    whee!! dling....
  • Reply 2 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

(see subject)

Build 6R65

-- man this update was a scary one! The longest time ever for the system to come back from booting afterwards. Must have cleaned out any cache it fould all over the system!
  • Reply 3 of 90
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    notes:

Windows on external displays connected to some PowerBook computers are drawn better.

The Bluetooth menu bar item works better when a Bluetooth USB adapter is disconnected and reconnected.

Addresses a situation in which an external FireWire storage device would not become available (mount) and this message would appear: "A disk attempting to mount as 'unknown' has failed. Please use Disk Utility to check the disk."

Addresses an issue in which some Bluetooth devices may not be available after the computer wakes from sleep.

Addresses an issue in which some Bluetooth keyboards may show a delayed response when you press a key after the computer wakes from sleep.

Addresses an issue in which some iBook computers could make a clicking sound when using Mac OS X 10.2.5 or 10.2.6.Reduces a potential delay when removing some devices from the Bluetooth pairing list.

Addresses a potential issue in which an audio application can unexpectedly quit when a USB- or FireWire-based audio device is disconnected.

Bluetooth preferences correctly displays the Bluetooth menu bar item's status if the item was enabled elsewhere.

Includes several enhancements for Safari.

Includes support for USB 2.0 devices, including PCI and PC cards for computers that do not include USB 2.0 hardware.
  • Reply 4 of 90
    Mine came back up very quickly.

It fixed a few issues I was having with the Apple Menu.

I even left all my haxies in my preference panel (Default Folder, iKey, Detour, More Internet, TinkerTool).

So far so good. . .
  • Reply 5 of 90
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    The 10.2.8 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, services and technologies: Audio, Bluetooth, Classic compatibility, Finder, Graphics, LDAP, Power Management, Safari, and FireWire and USB device compatibility.

The update also provides updated security services and includes the latest Security Updates.

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website:

http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25524
  • Reply 6 of 90
    same here, about a two minute reboot on my ibook 800. Everything is a go so far...

---safari is now v85.5
  • Reply 7 of 90
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    Mine never finished downloading because of some weird error..
  • Reply 8 of 90
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Taking the leap...
  • Reply 9 of 90
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    Lol now it's installing..

We will see what this update has to offer soon enough
  • Reply 10 of 90
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    FWIIW, the build number is 6R65.
  • Reply 11 of 90
    if you have a G5 *don not* update. see the notes. 10.2.8 is good for G3/G4 only.
  • Reply 12 of 90
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Is it snappier???????
  • Reply 13 of 90
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    People on other sites (such as MacRumors) are saying that the update includes a patch for the SSH problem found last week. If so, where does that leave us G5 owners?

How would I find out what version of SSH I have on a G5 with 10.2.7 to see if it is a newer version than the afflicted SSH? UNIX gurus?
  • Reply 14 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

How would I find out what version of SSH I have on a G5 with 10.2.7 to see if it is a newer version than the afflicted SSH? UNIX gurus?

In the terminal type:

ssh -V
  • Reply 15 of 90
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Ho, hum. My guess is due to the size of this update Panther is not coming soon.
  • Reply 16 of 90
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Endymion

In the terminal type:

ssh -V

Which tells me..

Quote:

OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but us G5ers are still waiting for a patch. The curse of being on the bleeding edge
  • Reply 17 of 90
    I'm trying to figure out if its just me... but the brushed metal looks like crap in this build. Its far more...i dunno, textured! like, speckled sort of, and not the nice smooth look that it had before. Also, for some reason, the quicktime file on my desktop got changed to an OLD SKOOL quicktime movie icon! like, all pixelated with the top corner turned down, and a pixelated blue "Q" in the middle of a peice of film...with MOVIE written across the bottom!!! what gives!

i'm gonna reboot and see if its still messed up
  • Reply 18 of 90
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sobelizzard

I'm trying to figure out if its just me... but the brushed metal looks like crap in this build. Its far more...i dunno, textured! like, speckled sort of, and not the nice smooth look that it had before.

Hmm, check to see if your screen has reverted from Millions to Thousands of colors?
  • Reply 19 of 90
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    It installed fine even though I forgot AGAIN to deactivate a Theme (Snow, it's bitchin.) I have to reinstall TransparentDock though.
  • Reply 20 of 90
    Yup. the display colours had been shifted from millions to thousands during the install. I switched it back, and it made no difference, so restarted and now everything is pretty again. the old skool quicktime icon has changed back to normal now too.. weird. someone on another board noted that their powerpoint icons on the desktop turned all pixelated and ugly as well... but, everything is peachy on this powerbook now no word yet on snappiness?.... but i'm sure CNN will cut away from regularly scheduled programs to let us know when the verdict is in....