Macnn

Any I should add ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    This is the one and only for me.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    macminute

that's it. they monitor everything, and usually have all the news you see everywhere else minutes (or sometimes hours) before the others.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    "Macnn"

and "As the Apple turns" sometimes
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Rumors:

MacRumors

AI

Non-rumor:

MacSurfer's headline news

Low End Mac

MacRumors (reports some news too)

Mac NN Forums

In late 2002, Low End Macdid a survey of which sites are the best on the Mac Web.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryaxnb

In late 2002, Low End Macdid a survey of which sites are the best on the Mac Web.

Those survey's are always biased. It's just way for lowendmac to get other sites to link to them.... sites that promote the link more get better ratings since their users are the ones voting.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Maccentral is where I get my Mac news.

Appleinsider for socializing.

I also visit ZDnet just to get amused at what the other side is saying and doing. Unbelievable reality they have I tell you.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
  • Reply 8 of 13
    I've always liked MacCentral, but I think other ones named are good too. AppleInsider is the best forum though.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Definitely MacCentral. They're the only Mac news site which does actual reporting.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i liked maccentral up until they became part of macworld. now it gets difficult to filter out the objective crap from the sponsor-driven crap. plus, they have to have the most user-unfriendly forums ont he 'net.

i forgot about "as the apple turns." it sucked for readers when they took, what, 11 months off? but i guess the same will happen to me when i have my first kid, too, and his writing quality certainly makes for a good apple-based read.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

i liked maccentral up until they became part of macworld.

Just read MacMinute like I and many others do. The creator of MacCentral, Stan Flack, set up MacMinute after he sold out to Macworld/IDG. IMO, MacMinute is even better than the original MacCentral. I haven't had a need to read the Macworld-affiliated MacCentral in ages.

Escher
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by joek

Those survey's are always biased. It's just way for lowendmac to get other sites to link to them.... sites that promote the link more get better ratings since their users are the ones voting.

Oh? Actually LowEndMac got #15 with sites like MacSurfer rated ahead of them. And they say, basically: LEM went down to #15. With all the new sites, we're not suprised. Basically saying the new sites are better for a lot of people.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    This site

ArsTechnica (sorta has some Mac stuff)

Macnn

MacCentral

AppleTurns (best reporting of them all)

PowerPage

Architosh

iRumors

Apple.com (not much news, but at least it is trustworthy)

However, this is the only site that I actually post at.