10.2.8 update screwed up my M-Audio 7.1 audio card!!!!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is anyone out there having the same issue with this stuff?I downloaded and installed the combo update this morning.A few minutes ago I tried playing a Quicktime movie and found out that the sound didn't work_went to Control panel and there was no reference to my M-Audio card.Tried to turn-on the M-Audio control panel and it quit on start-up,saying that the PCI card couldn't be found...grrrr!!!

So I went to the M-Audio website,downloaded the latest drivers and reinstalled the drivers 3 times and nothing.Same error message.I then proceeded to remove the sound card and put it in a different PCI slot,but no dice;I still have the same problem.

Is there a way to go back to 10.2.6,or is there another way to fix this?

I have a DP 1GHZ with 768MB of RAM,everything stock except the Sound card and a second NIC card (DLink-530tx) that I use to share files with a Win2000 pc.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Ok,I fixed it.Ran disk doctor and repaired/verified permissions(it was pretty bad),and then decided to go take another look at the M-Audio website.It seems that late last night they came out with a new driver;the funny thing is it's suppossed to be something to enable the card to be used with a G5 but I figured it was worth a shot and bingo!that took care of the problem!

Just in case anyone is having the same issue,they can get the driver from http://www.m-audio.com/support/licen...tion_1.2.7.sit
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ^