10.2.8 update pulled... who downloaded it?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i downloaded OS X 10.2.8 today, only to later see that it was pulled from software update... who else downloaded it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I downloaded it...no problems...no noticeable changes either (except that safari reverted itself to brushed metal from aqua)
  • Reply 2 of 10
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Fine here.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Does anyone know why its been pulled?

I'm working on a bunch of stuff and am now worried about stability, though I have no problems now.. you never

<Connection Terminated By Client>
  • Reply 4 of 10
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Powerbook battery time issue. Cosmetic

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=31011
  • Reply 5 of 10
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    That, and according to MacFixIt, an issue where some G4s lost Ethernet.

My G4 wasn't affected *crosses fingers*, and I had backed up, but I still feel a little silly for jumping the gun like that. I normally let them stew for a few days in case this happens.

• Reply 6 of 10
    First of all, 10.2.8 caused no problems on my Dual G4/533MHz and Beige G3/500MHz.

However, I noticed that many people are experiencing ethernet problems in which the DHCP server self-assigns an IP address. The strange thing is that I've had that same problem two weeks ago with a different update:

My workplace uses mainly Windows systems networked to a Win 2000 server (I think). It's definitely not linux. Our marketing/publications dept is the only section that is allowed to use Macs. We have 3 PowerMac G4s running at various speeds.

Two weeks ago, one of my co-workers updated Java through software update. The update required a restart so he rebooted. Suddenly the computer was unable to connect to the network. He blamed the Java update but I didn't think so. I've successfully updated the other two computers several days earlier and it didn't create any problems. The funny thing is that: Within the hour, the two other Macs were kicked out of the network as well and we were unable to connect again. When we looked at the network pane, it mentioned that we have self-assigned IP addresses.

The IT guys checked out the situation and (as usual) blamed the Mac. They said that the "Get IP address from DHCP" feature of the Macs were hogging up all the IP addresses on the network and not allowing some people to log-in. We were then assigned a static IP address that we entered manually and we didn't have any problems since. Basically, we can't use the "get address from..." feature anymore.

What bothers me is that the same update did not cause any problems several days prior to the incident. Yet, the problem occurred on the same day which the IT guys upgraded their server software to deal with new viruses and worms. Is it possible that updating the software on the Macs (any software. Not necessarily Java or 10.2.8 might trigger some chain reaction on some Windows servers? Or am I just imagining things? Are there any experts here?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I downloaded it yesterday... everything works good
  • Reply 8 of 10
    No probs here. I have 10.2.8. FruitMenu and WindowShade X still work even.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Wrong forum for this and there's already a thread in the right forum (Mac OS X):

10.2.8 gone wrong?