Perpetual "What's Next From Adobe?" Thread

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
While I suspect we're getting very close to a release of the supposed Adobe Studio (which includes new versions of PS, IL, ID and GL), I have heard next to nothing about any of them. There was one pretty decent article from a techy web-zine a while back but that's it really.

No screens from leaked betas, nothing. Adobe seems to be doing a pretty Apple-like / Nikon-like job of keeping their new stuff under complete secrecy. More or less, anyway.

Feel free to post what you know or have seen here, or any general comments. I just wanted to post something so AI members had a place to talk about this stuff. I'm frankly as anxious about this new round of updates as I am to get my hands on Panther.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    Apple Insider had some screen shots once... well Photoshop World is next week and I think something should be released then
  • Reply 2 of 33
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    i've been using indesign 3 beta for the past few weeks...

it rocks!
  • Reply 3 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

i've been using indesign 3 beta for the past few weeks...

it rocks!

Do tell! What exactly 'rocks' the most? Is it faster with multiple pages?
  • Reply 4 of 33
    snappier! better xml support and lots of other things. i'll try and do a report and screen grabs shortly...
  • Reply 5 of 33
    I look forward to it...
  • Reply 6 of 33
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Since the Microsoft-Watch expose, everybody knows ID3 will rock. I have yet to talk to anyone who's planning to upgrade to PS8 (PS7 is always deemed to be "good enough")

But I'm worried about the fact there have been no signs of life detected for the next version of GoLive. It's been stagnant for so long, and with rumors of cancellation. Dreamweaver's been beating GoLive with an ugly stick. No testers have even bothered to come online to say "WOW, this is going to rock!" the way ID3 testers have.

I was really hoping the next GoLive would make it easy to build forms and automagically throw the results into Filemaker Pro. Aside from better integration with ID and cleaning up the interface a bit, that's all I'm wishing for.
  • Reply 7 of 33
    well i have only just got the os x version of the beta, as i've been playing with the windows version for a while (yes i know don't start...)

on a yikes g4 it is a lot quicker, but then frankly thats not saying much compared to id2
  • Reply 8 of 33
    does anyone know if there will be a new version of FrameMaker, and if it will work with OS X? FrameMaker must be the last app that they still have not said whether it is coming to x or not. I miss this great app.
  • Reply 9 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by dividend

does anyone know if there will be a new version of FrameMaker, and if it will work with OS X? FrameMaker must be the last app that they still have not said whether it is coming to x or not. I miss this great app.

Good question. Do you think Adobe hope that InDesign will in some why 'replace' FM?

I don't know much about FM but ID now has alot of XML features too.
  • Reply 10 of 33
    From Adobe's Website

Quote:

The complete design environment for print and Web publishing

The Adobe® Creative Suite is an integrated design environment that combines full versions of Adobe's latest creative tools with innovative file-management features, a smooth Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) workflow, and comprehensive design resources to let you create and publish content for print and the Web faster and easier than ever before ? all at an unbeatable value.

• Reply 11 of 33
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    We've got our answer.

<Ignores duplicate thread>

I find the pricing most interesting. Upgrades of Photoshop are no longer at a premium. Who do we thank for this...iPhoto?
  • Reply 12 of 33
    And it's all OS X only.

Adobe Press Release
  • Reply 13 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alpha Mac

And it's all OS X only.

Adobe Press Release

And it includes product activation on the Windows version of Photoshop, and soon on the Mac version...
  • Reply 14 of 33
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

Originally posted by staphbaby

And it includes product activation on the Windows version of Photoshop, and soon on the Mac version...

What the hell does CS mean anyway?
  • Reply 15 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

I mean, I can see what it means, but what is new?

EDIT: Is this instead of Photoshop 8?
  • Reply 16 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

Apparently, they've improved workflow and integration between elements of the suite, as well as management of documents around workgroups (and their own custom open/save dialog box!)

As for why "creative suite" ? maybe they thought they needed to tell people that photoshop, indesign, illustrator etc are used for ? get this ? creating stuff.

\
  • Reply 17 of 33
    first XP, then MX now CS,

Is it just me or are these new naming sceems just silly?

c'mon, Studio MX 2004, silly, silly, silly. At least it is now easier to see that you will be forced to upgrade once every year...
  • Reply 18 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

I find the pricing most interesting. Upgrades of Photoshop are no longer at a premium. Who do we thank for this...iPhoto?

We thank the guy who's implemented 'product activation'.
  • Reply 19 of 33
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    "Warnock Pro" font collection? ROFL!!
  • Reply 20 of 33
    I love the new features of InDesign CS! Apart from this strange new naming.

My favourite features are the Seperations Preview Palette and the new tabbed panels.