Can I get EDU discount at AAPL Stores

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I want to go 'opening night' for the release of panther (whenever it is) but I also want to buy a copy. Problem is I'm not gonna go to the store and pay $120 when I can get one on the .com for $60. So... Can I get educational discount at Apple Stores (specifically in Atlanta?)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    not on software, but on hardware yes...It is a strange thing, but Apple doesn't stock education software at their stores...They used to have FCP 3 EDU at my Apple store, but now they don't stock any software for EDU, the best thing to do is to just call and ask them if they will have the student version available for purchase at the store for EDU, but again, I really doubt it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

not on software, but on hardware yes...It is a strange thing, but Apple doesn't stock education software at their stores...They used to have FCP 3 EDU at my Apple store, but now they don't stock any software for EDU, the best thing to do is to just call and ask them if they will have the student version available for purchase at the store for EDU, but again, I really doubt it.

it is very strange, especially since J and R carries or carried Apple education discount software.

last year my mother was very pissed when she went to the Jaguar release event and they wouldn't give her the education discount.