Waking Sleeping iMac for iTunes Music Sharing?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello helpful friends...

I have an iMac (17" FP) that houses my 16GB library of music, and an old Pismo Powerbook that I have permanently connected to my home stereo...

Sharing the iMac's music is easy (and AWESOME!) , the only problem is that I have to run upstairs and wake my iMac from sleep in order to get its library to appear as available in the Powerbook's iTunes menu. Call me lazy, but it would be nice not to have to do that every time I want to listen to my music...So,

What's the best way to remotely wake the iMac? Is there a setting that would allow it to continue to broadcast iTunes availability even while asleep? Any assistance is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    connect it to the phone line, and enable the modem to wake it up when it detects a ring. then call your house from your mobile.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gargoyle

connect it to the phone line, and enable the modem to wake it up when it detects a ring. then call your house from your mobile.

Gargoyle is a true Genius
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ...or just set the prefs to never sleep ... you can still have the montor power down, and even the hard drive, without having the system sleep.

... and no, you can't do anything with the cpu while the system is asleep.