Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
subject says it all

just got my iPod 40GB and it ships with 2.02

No idea what differences there could be. All good so far

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Not for me.

I got my 20GB on Wednsday, and am not pleased with the episode it had today in exercise science class. My friend Erick and I were listening to Paint It Black, Stones version, anyway, it was the live one and I wanted the studio version. >_< That doesn't matter, though, but when I selected the other song, it wouldn't play. It started freezing and stalling on menus, all before the screen went blank and the controls went dead (no clicker!). The the hard drvie platter was still spinning, I could hear, I could turn it off or turn it on (don't know which it was already) so I thought I'd leave it drain batteries, but it just kept getting hotter and hotter with the disc spinning OUT OF CONTROL. I got home and finally got the screen to do something; got an icon of a battery with an exclamation mark in a triangle, flashing.

I also noticed a piece of the iPod's innards portruding from the botten left side. Looked like a flap of transparent plastic. What's down there?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    My 15Gb locked up a few times when I first got it... Had to do a few resets (play and menu buttons together for 5 seconds I think).

It seems to have settled into its new home now tho and is quite happy!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    my iPod isnt mounting or appearing on my G4... grrrr...

damn this thing takes a long time to charge fully...

gonna try resetting it too...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Got my 10gig on Thursday, also 2.0.2... no problem whatsoever

But ZO's right saying it takes a damn long time to recharge :-\\ Didn't they old documents say 80% in an hour/100% in 3 hours?

Mine takes at least 5 hours to get a full charge... it's silly...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    from totally flat, no juice iPod to fully charged in SEVEN hours....

good lord...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Oh, it takes like five minutes to get the battery icon to read full, so it's got to be at least 75%. Not bad, but then it takes an over-night charge to reach maximum. Astounding.

My iPod froze after a restart Saturday, so I did a clean install and am now downgraded to 2.0.1? seems to work fine, but I am still bugged by this piece of plasticsticking out of the corner. I kind of wish it would **** up again so I have a reason to get it repaired.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

... but I am still bugged by this piece of plastic sticking out of the corner. I kind of wish it would **** up again so I have a reason to get it repaired.

IMO, if you spend hundreds of dollars on something and 'its innards are protruding'... it is ****ed up. Take it back.