What keyboard and mouse do you use with your Ti/i- book?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've been checking out Logitech stuff and even MS stuff and some of it kicks Apple's butt in terms of ergonomic design and special productivity enhancing features.

So, 3 quick questions:

<ol type="1">[*] Do people stick with the Apple Pro keyboard and mouse - or opt for gear from other manufacturers?[*] If so, what works well with the Mac o/s and, in particular, is support for OS X implemented yet?[*] Do you have a preference for trackballs or mice (please explain why)?[/list=a]

Thanks.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Mac+ ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    has anyone bought the Microsoft Office XP keyboard? Has a ton of features AND comes with MacOS drivers! Not sure about the OS X drivers though.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    revsrevs Posts: 93member
    I'm using the Apple Pro KB and the MS Intellimouse Explorer. If I was buying now I'd probably keep the KB but get the new wireless MS Intellimouse.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I use my Tibook keyboard but I added a Ms Wheel Mouse optical. I miss my Apple Pro Mouse that I used with my former G4 desktop but I am begining to adjust to the 2nd button

I think I will choose a new mouse soon : better design and lesse cumbersome if I find it (like some of the logithech). But this one works with OS X.1 and that was its main advantage.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    With my iBook DVD 500 I use my Pro Keyboard and I just replaced my Kensington Optical Pro Mouse with the Logitech Wireless Optical mouse.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I use the Apple Pro Keyboard. IMO, I love the feel of the keys and the extra two USB ports I get with my Powerbook G4 is a big plus. As for the mouse, I use the Kensington Expert Mouse Pro Wireless (which is a trackball on crack). I used to use an Apple Pro mouse but I hated the one button deal and the constant cleaning it needed. The Kensington is wonderful, has Mac OS X drivers, a scroll wheel, and tons of buttons. I def found my productivity up with this trackball.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: maximawoo ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I'm using a Macally Optinet Mouse and Keyboard with my iBook 500 Combo. It was cheap and it works with X. I really like them.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Mac+:

[QB]So, 3 quick questions:

<ol type="1">[*] Do people stick with the Apple Pro keyboard and mouse - or opt for gear from other manufacturers?[*] If so, what works well with the Mac o/s and, in particular, is support for OS X implemented yet?[*] Do you have a preference for trackballs or mice (please explain why)?[/list=a] Thanks.

Trying to minimize some RSI in my wrist, am using Cube keyboard a lot until OS X driver is out for that MS keyboard. Hope a wireless version is in the works. Using the Cube mouse for now as well. I love the trackball Kensington TurboMouse and guess now I want to try their Expert Pro wireless trackball.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    IO use and love my Pismo's trackpad and jeyboard. I wish I had an external keypad (just the calculator kes), that's use ful tfor games.