S.C.O.T.S. & The Rev. Horton Heat YEEEHAW!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Went to see Southern Culture on the Skids and The Reverend Horton Heat last night. I needed a rip-snortin' Rockabilly ho-down badly and these two delivered 100 fold.

Seen S.C.O.T.S. about 5 times but never seen the Rev. DAMN was he burning on guitar. And what a band. Truly rockin'...

Also...never saw so many ducktails, tattoos and Betty Pagers together in one place...

The opening band Throw Rag weren't bad either. All in all I got my money's worth. Well, having a friend with free press passes helped too. 8) If he sends pictures maybe I'll post them up here...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    This is the reason why I stay away from AO.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

This is the reason why I stay away from AO.

Go **** yourself.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I love the Reverend, but the Legendary Shack Shakers are, by far, a live show 10 times that of the Reverend.

If anyone has a chance to see the Legendary Shack Shakers, it's worth the trip. If you like punk, rock, cowboy, rockabilly, snot, piss, blood, mohawks, whiskey, railroads or chickens, go see this show.

Hassan, when you're in the states, see if they're playing nearby.

www.bloodshotrecords.com

on tour here.

I've seen more live shows than I can remember, but these guys put on the best show I've seen since the Butthole Surfers were touring for their Hairway to Steven album.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

I love the Reverend, but the Legendary Shack Shakers are, by far, a live show 10 times that of the Reverend.

Thanks bunge for the links and the Shaker's recommendation...but dammit...they were in town a while back and I missed them. I have been under a tight budget and I haven't checked out shows as much as I used too.

Any band with a CD title "Cockadoodledon't" has got to be good.

There is a band from Philly that has the same cow-punk attitude...called the Cisco Jeeters...even have a fiddle player. Do a great southern fried cover of Iggy's "Raw Power".

The band is an off shoot of the Sugar Skulls. If there are any X fans out there you should give them a look.

look,see,hear

...and does anyone remember Tex and the Horseheads?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Rev shows are more tame now than they used to be, he's getting a little aged for his style.

Still gotta love Jimbo.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I'm going to that show on Tuesday and I can't wait. I saw the legendary shack shakers open up for the Rev on Long Island a couple of months ago and it was a fantastic show. Even got to do shots with the Rev and Jimbo.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Oh hot damn. We're seeing them here in Chapel Hill on Oct 3.

I got converted to the Church of Horton a few months ago, and my wife has all of SCOTS' albums... we are so frickin' there...

This tour has to rank up there with the other dream combo I MISSED... Red Elvises and Kultur Shock.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I'm still pissed. An old band of mine was offered a slot at First Avenue in Minneapolis opening for the Rev. Horton Heat, and the guitarist had a scheduling conflict.

Ah well. I wish they were coming through town here. They do occasionally. Actually, the Shack Shakers were here not that long ago. That should be one heck of a show.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Meant to mention what an awesome show this was! Had the best time, talked to the bass player from S.C.O.T.S. and had a drink with the drummer from Rev. All good people and true rock and rollers.