LibPNG-dev

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi all. I recently got into X11.app again and I'd like to get MPlayer working in there with the GUI. Yeah I know what you're all going to say: "There's a Mac OS X port so why not use that?". Well I do use that but I like the idea of skins on a player which is why I now use XMMS as my MP3 player instead of iTunes for now. Anyhow, in order to compile MPlayer with its GUI I need to have libpng and libpng-dev installed. The only problem is that I can't find the dev package/src code. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html

Have you tried that? PiBO2k, we should start a UNIX forum just for you
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html

Have you tried that? PiBO2k, we should start a UNIX forum just for you

lol Thanks.. I know about that but I can't find the dev tarball there... Where can I find the dev tarball?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    This is why I think UNIX people are stupid -- no offense.

Yeah, there's a fully functional version available to me in 5 minutes, but, god damn it, i'm gonna spend days building a version for one piddly feature! Yeah! Woo! Skins! Yeah!

• Reply 4 of 6
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

Yeah, there's a fully functional version available to me in 5 minutes, but, god damn it, i'm gonna spend days building a version for one piddly feature! Yeah! Woo! Skins! Yeah!

Hey, Larry Wall invented Perl so that he could write a new version of his USENET newsreader.

He never wrote the newsreader.

YMMV, obviously, but there's a lot to be said for rolling up your sleeves and hacking just for the fun of it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Hey, Larry Wall invented Perl so that he could write a new version of his USENET newsreader.

Perl 0wnZ my soul.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    When you build/install a library from source you get the -dev stuff as well.