2yr old Child survives weeks alone in house.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/09/...one/index.html

Quote:

JACKSONVILLE, Florida (CNN) -- After spending nearly three weeks alone and surviving on raw pasta, mustard and ketchup, a 2-year-old Jacksonville, Florida, girl was in good spirits Tuesday morning at a hospital, officials told CNN. <snip>

Freakin' Newsflash! Just because one Parent has a Vagina doesn't mean they are the fittest Parent!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/09/...one/index.html

Freakin' Newsflash! Just because one Parent has a Vagina doesn't mean they are the fittest Parent!

I will say more : i's not because someone is human, that he has a brain ...

This 22 years old mother has reach the level zero
  • Reply 2 of 26
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Hey I survived for 4 years in college on ketchup, mustard, and pasta.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Putting aside for a second the issue of maternal neglect - which is the main underlying issue in this particular case - my gut reaction was a feeling of intense admiration for this kid.

If a two-year-old can do that, it makes you think that maybe she has a bright future regardless of what has happened to her so far. I hope that they set up some sort of scholarship fund for that little one.
  • Reply 4 of 26
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Hey I survived for 4 years in college on ketchup, mustard, and pasta.

Together?
  • Reply 5 of 26
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hard to believe someone didn't hear the kid crying, screaming, hitting the door, etc.

I keep imagining that girl day after day alone, trying to find something to eat, probably messing herself like crazy (I have a funny feeling mommy didn't get around to potty-training), wondering when mom was coming back... how sad.

I hope she gets the punishment she deserves.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I would guess that this little girl is used to being by her self for extended periods of time.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    Quote:

Ok Nick.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Yeah, that last sentence sounded EXACTLY like something Nick would write. Actually, I'm quite surprised he hasn't contributed to this thread yet... maybe he'd just be redundant.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

Ok Nick.

Heheheh you didn't actually think I created this thread without a subtle ode to our Trumpman<sp>
  • Reply 10 of 26
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    the mother has been in prison since 10 sep.

how come the police did not figure out before that she had a kid?

and why didn't her (ex??) husband think about it before?

how can it take 3 weeks to figure that a woman put in prison has an infant home?
  • Reply 11 of 26
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

the mother has been in prison since 10 sep.

how come the police did not figure out before that she had a kid?

and why didn't her (ex??) husband think about it before?

how can it take 3 weeks to figure that a woman put in prison has an infant home?

I don't care if it is a man or a woman..there is something seriously " SICK " with our society..

For crying out loud..where were the neighbours in all of this ?

& the social workers .....?

I am not ashamed to say I felt deeply distressed by this news item.....\
  • Reply 12 of 26
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

Ok Nick.

Until I read that I didn't realize it wasn't a trumptman thread. Too funny.
  • Reply 13 of 26
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I'm still waiting for the usual crew to come along and question the news source, claim I hate women, must be divorced, etc.

Don't worry though, when the mom gets custody back of this child, I'll post that thread.

You do know she will likely get custody back after some "counseling" and things of that nature right? She'll likely claim that she couldn't care for the child because she was in jail and some judge will give her the benefit of the doubt.

Nick
  • Reply 14 of 26
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    BzzZZZZzzzzTCRACKLEbzzzZZZZZTTT!

Still, I can't help it; BR's comment made me laugh. Ketchup, Mustard and Ramen noodles (oh and some beer) -- the diet of college champions!
  • Reply 15 of 26
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    What about any of this indicates that the father is worth a crap? He doesn't know what's going on with his child for 2.5 weeks and he doesn't bother knocking on an apartment door?

From the article:

"After having no contact for several weeks, he vigorously tried to make contact," the police report said.

The kid was found in the mothers ****ing bedroom! How the hell could you not find her?
  • Reply 16 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

The kid was found in the mothers ****ing bedroom! How the hell could you not find her?

maybe he didnt have a key? knocked and got no answer, you never know.. but it was the father who got people to get in their and find the kid...
  • Reply 17 of 26
    Grove have you ever watched someone involved in a divorce?

Restraining orders have been granted numerous times for a husband/former boyfriend/whatever you care to call it coming around your house without contact, without permission, etc. Heck they have been granted based off just a feeling of fear or for calls.

The courts are clear on this. Until the man's role is defined via custody he had better stay the hell away from the woman or else he is considered a stalker/potetial rapist/domestic abuser, etc.

Even then he has no right to come to her house even for his own child. The courts sometimes have a pick up point arranged that is not at either house.

I'm not saying the guy is fully in the right. I'm just saying in this day and age the man is assumed wrong in family courts and through actions, must prove he is right. Going to the woman's house whenever you feel like it just to check on your child can be viewed very negatively by courts. The woman just could have told the authorities she had a child. She choose not too. I would have definately acted faster but then I wouldn't mind going to jail if I thought it would protect my children. However I can't condemn him for choosing a safer route.

Nick
  • Reply 18 of 26
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    The General:

Quote:

maybe he didnt have a key? knocked and got no answer, you never know.. but it was the father who got people to get in their and find the kid...

From the article:

He told the responding officer that the apartment manager had let him into the apartment, where he found his daughter.

After 2.5 weeks. After 2.5 weeks of not being able to contact the mother he decides to check the apartment. I'm sorry, he's not on the level of the mother but this isn't a ringing endorsement of his ability to care for a child.

--

trumpt:

Quote:

Restraining orders have been granted numerous times for a husband/former boyfriend/whatever you care to call it coming around your house without contact, without permission, etc. Heck they have been granted based off just a feeling of fear or for calls.

Since there's no mention of a restraining order here, what the hell does it have to do with anything?

if drum=broken, then bangharder();
  • Reply 19 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

trumpt:

Since there's no mention of a restraining order here, what the hell does it have to do with anything?

if drum=broken, then bangharder();

Since when does not being caught in an action make it right?

I'll tell you what Grove, you show me the law that would clarify when a man can freely come around and even enter the private property of another individual just because they share a child.

Why would someone take an action that could criminalize all contact with their child? Just because it hasn't been criminalized YET doesn't mean they should or would pursue that path.

I mean think about the can of worms you are opening here. See a bit beyond one woman being declared bad. Do you really want men to have the power to freely come over to the home of a woman claiming they believed their child endangered? I would think that would be severely treading upon the rights of women. Just because they had a child together doesn't mean he can go over to or into her home even if he thinks she is being a bad mom. That isn't up to him to decide or enforce.

I am very sad at what happened to this little child, but I wouldn't advocated treading all over the rights of women, especially by men, to fix it.

Nick
  • Reply 20 of 26
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    That's another thing: Florida's custody laws / [the logic behind them are] about as fuked up as you can find. The kid is almost never taken from its mother, even if she has a criminal record and the father has none... yet another notch in the belt of general Floridian stupidity.