Kill Bill

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I haven't seen anything from Tarantino in a while, and this looks pretty cool. I haven't heard much on it except some descriptions. Here is a premise I found on this site:

"In this film noir tale, an assassin called the Bride (Thurman) is shot down, with child, by her employer, Bill (Carradine) and other members of their assassin circle, at her wedding (along with everyone else at the wedding). She, however, survives, though a bullet in her brain keeps her in a coma for five years. She wakes up PISSED OFF, soon setting out to seek... revenge. She seeks out the various members of the assassin group, globetrotting to kill them each in order, saving Bill for last (which will happen in the second half of the movie). "

Looks like there will be 2 movies instead of one big one because the screen play was so long.

www.kill-bill.com

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    FAR OUT.
  • Reply 2 of 21
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I can't decide if Tarantino is a) a putz or b) a chump.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Most of the other film folks I know are pretty excited about it, but the martial arts bit is a little weird, isn't it? He is certainly one of the top directors of this era, and I hope this lives up. I think it will I might wait until a theater is showing the two back to back, though.
  • Reply 4 of 21
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Uma,Uma, Uma!

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy!

Daryl, Daryl, Daryl!

What's better than a chick fight? A chick sword fight.

Screed (perpetually thirteen)
  • Reply 5 of 21
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Tarantino is a bad director. His acting is of course horrible, but he's just not a good filmmaker.

KILL BILL just looks bad. They had to split it into two films, but I bet if he was just forced to not use slow motion it could have been one.
  • Reply 6 of 21
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    If nothing else, everything I've seen looks really visually stunning. (And not just the girls.)

Uma vs Lucy in the Edward Scissorhands like snow, for one.

Jeff
  • Reply 7 of 21
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Am I the only one here who's dreadfully sick of the female action hero?

Please. It's something that can be done well at times (Alien series, Terminator 2) but I just don't have the gullibility level to believe an anorexic chick tearing through one burly stunt man (or for that matter burly assassin character) after another.

And my gullibility level is pretty high.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

but I just don't have the gullibility level to believe an anorexic chick tearing through one burly stunt man (or for that matter burly assassin character) after another.

Oh, man, I just saw the worst example ever of this: Underworld. Kate friggin Beckensale running around with uzis!

I'm usually a fan of the genre, there's just something sexy about it, and I like her. But she just couldn't shake her built in primness to work in this role.

Jeff
  • Reply 9 of 21
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

Uma,Uma, Uma!

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy!

Daryl, Daryl, Daryl!

What's better than a chick fight? A chick sword fight.

Screed (perpetually thirteen)

Don't forget Chiaki!

Who doesn't like a kick-ass Asian in a schoolgirl outfit?

• Reply 10 of 21
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

They had to split it into two films, but I bet if he was just forced to not use slow motion it could have been one.

Holy crap that would be funny if true!
  • Reply 11 of 21
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    I'm on the fence with Tarantino. I love Reservoir Dogs but Pulp Fiction is just "meh". I don't see why some people worship him. But I also can't understand why people worship Kevin Smith either.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Damn. I had hoped this movie was about Bill Gates.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i loved reservoir dogs. and i really liked pulp fiction. but when i saw tarantino in 'dusk till dawn' or whatever the fvck that vampire flick was called, i lost a lot of respect for him. i dont think he wrote or directed it (like dogs and fiction), but he was willing to put his face in it, which is just sad. i saw rumors about `kill bill' before, and i was a bit apprehensive about it, but the tv spots don't make it seem so bad anymore. i'll throw down $10 if i dont see any terrible news about it when it comes out.
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Am I the only one here who's dreadfully sick of the female action hero?

Please. It's something that can be done well at times (Alien series, Terminator 2) but I just don't have the gullibility level to believe an anorexic chick tearing through one burly stunt man (or for that matter burly assassin character) after another.

And my gullibility level is pretty high.

I was voicing similar to complaints to my film-buff sister earlier today. For me, it's not so much the female action hero per se, it's the "action heros" that clearly have no martial arts background whatsoever.

I really want to love Kill Bill, but from the little bit that I've seen so far, Uma's physical performance is much closer to Charlie's Angels than to Crouching Tiger.

• Reply 15 of 21
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Funny, I thought UNDERWORLD had a decent story that made it better than the average 'action hero' movie.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Funny, I thought UNDERWORLD had a decent story that made it better than the average 'action hero' movie.

I didn't hate the plot, I just thought the lead was badly miscast.

One thing I didn't like about the storyline was it didn't leave me with anyone to root for, though. By the end I didn't really care who won the war.

Jeff
  • Reply 17 of 21
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Damn. I had hoped this movie was about Bill Gates.

I was thinking in the same vein...except O'Reilly.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Yah I'm gonna spend money to see that in the theatres. Really I am. What better film to spend my money on...?

Aside from

Return of the King

Matrix Revolutions

[Mystic River]

Anything with Tom Hanks (he's due)

I reserve my cash-money for good movies / epics / something memorable. I reserve my $3.99 for Quentin PPV night on DirecTV.

• Reply 19 of 21
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Let's see, 8 hours of Uma Thurman? Sounds like some horrible punishment.

She was barely tolerable in Pulp Fiction and damned near Sofia Coppola'd the whole thing for me. This movie gets a huge "meh" and I'll probably never watch it.

Tarantino is sooooo 9 years ago.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Vivica Vivica Vivica!