'Addict' Rush in Pill Probe!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ripped straight from the headlines.

Read all about it. (NY Daily News)

He was turned in by a former housekeeper who allegedly bought him pills for 4 years. He allegedly consumed thousands of Hydrocodone, Lorcet and OxyContin pills. The drugs are illegal without a prescription.

Perhaps his radio career will be over if indicted and convicted?

Actually, I'm having second thoughts about whether the NY Daily News is all that reputable... After all, it was the National Enquirer that broke the story, and it was Drudge who reported on it last night... Not exactly my finest moment here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    That is a murderer's row of respectable journalistic outlets, but who the hell knows.

Bad couple of days for El Rushbo.

Maybe it was all part of his diet plan.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Or to help him with that ear problem.

He does have a hard time listening.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

The drugs are illegal without a prescription.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

i think jimdreamworx was making a joke about rush's obdurate tendencies.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

i think jimdreamworx was making a joke about rush's obdurate tendencies.

I see it now.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Thank-you, super.

I would've put "hearing" if I meant the physical as opposed to "listening."
  • Reply 7 of 15
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Are we really supposed to believe that the left is upset over illegal drug use?

All these orchestrated hit pieces do seem a bit suspicious to me. The LA Times is running a second Arnold hit piece within a week and all of them were held so close to the election that the campaign can't really respond to them via commercials or anything like that. The Times is running it today and hasn run anything negative on Davis regarding his alleged battering of staff members.

Then we see this issue with Limbaugh, a nonstatement blown into a bigger issue and then these allegations about drugs.

Seems a bit odd they were all dropped on the same day too.

Nick
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

All these orchestrated hit pieces do seem a bit suspicious to me. The LA Times is running a second Arnold hit piece within a week and all of them were held so close to the election that the campaign can't really respond to them via commercials or anything like that. The Times is running it today and hasn run anything negative on Davis regarding his alleged battering of staff members.

Then we see this issue with Limbaugh, a nonstatement blown into a bigger issue and then these allegations about drugs.

Seems a bit odd they were all dropped on the same day too.

Nick

No, we are supposed to believe that Rush Limbaugh is being investigated by the Palm Beach state attorney's office (who can neither confirm nor deny that an investigation is under way). The Atlanta Journal-Constitution weighs in on the issue. It's the only credible newspaper that mentioned it so far.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:

no, it's the most encouraging thing i've read about rush in a long time.

it's too bad he's quit the football thing, because i could see him and HST hanging out at the superbowl ripped to the tits on pain meds.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    sorry, but i don't trust any supposed "news" source with a headline that reads

"Talk radio star had drug habit, maid sez"

maybe their editing staff was on drugs.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

sorry, but i don't trust any supposed "news" source with a headline that reads

"Talk radio star had drug habit, maid sez"

maybe their editing staff was on drugs.

but the fact that she claims to have been wired for the last two transactions is interesting, don't you think? if she was in fact lying it wouldn't be hard to sort out.

it's funny that the same barrels that were trained on president clinton now seem to be stalking all things g.o.p.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Why do you make everything right or left? By the way, responding via commercials is so accurate to begin with anyways right? Haven't you seen all the garbage all the main candidates are running?

Anyways, I just wanted to see if you could post a link or something about what you just posted re: Davis(I couldn't find anything). Is it along the lines of ALLEGEDLY sexually harassing various females? If it isn't as serious, then I think your parallel is unrelated and therefore irrelevant.

Back on topic, I won't comment until all the facts are out via a reputable agency or publication.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Why do you make everything right or left? By the way, responding via commercials is so accurate to begin with anyways right? Haven't you seen all the garbage all the main candidates are running?

Anyways, I just wanted to see if you could post a link or something about what you just posted re: Davis(I couldn't find anything). Is it along the lines of ALLEGEDLY sexually harassing various females? If it isn't as serious, then I think your parallel is unrelated and therefore irrelevant.

Back on topic, I won't comment until all the facts are out via a reputable agency or publication.

Actually I haven't seen any recall commercials but Bustamante's. I seldom watch television and never cable news. I saw a few of his commercials while fixing a spa I was given for free while the Raiders were getting slaughtered by the Bronco's. (boo broncos)

I don't try to make everything left and right. But I don't deny when it ends up that way either. Most people don't mind the wrong word or phrase being used if the intent is proper. Terry McAuliffe apologized for saying colored people instead of people of color for example. It wasn't seen as racist but since the left portrays the right as racist a similar slip or just something that can be misconstrued is racist.

When you can't beat ideas, you pull out the ism's. Racism, sexism, etc. All of them being dropped on one day doesn't seem coincidence to me. I wouldn't consider it coincidence if it happened on the left either.

Nick
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

Interestingly, Lortab, one of the drugs he's accused of using can cause hearing loss when missused. So maybe these are connected.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Just in case you're wondering what kind of sympathy Rush deserves... head over here...

http://atrios.blogspot.com/

pretty extensive quotes of Rush on the subject.

Addiction sucks. No matter who you are.