gamez on 1.25ghz pbook

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Anyone rocked em yet?? verdict?? does it hold up pretty well??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by 666

Anyone rocked em yet?? verdict?? does it hold up pretty well??

I played medal of honor with all settings maxed out as much as it could get, and I joined an internet game, and it all ran smoooooth!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Neat... I love MOHAA! Online it rocks! The single player game is lacking...
  • Reply 3 of 10
    yea i have a powerbook Alu 15in 1.25 and so far no game I've played can slow it down (unless I kill with the resolution). Medal of Honor-smooth. Army Operations-smooth. Unreal Tournament 2003-smooth. Return to

Wolfenstein-smooth. I have Warcraft 3 but haven't installed it yet. I heard that game ran poorly on mac (i used it on a pc so i wouldn't know). I'll let u know. I'm not sure how to obtain frame rates but would be glad to if someone would let me know.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    chagichagi Posts: 284member
    The ATI Radeon 9600 is hands down the best mobile consumer GPU at this point in time, so it's not suprising to hear good things about the gaming performance.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    666666 Posts: 134member
    orsum! Now it's a hunt for a few games. hopefully with mac's upping their gaming power a bit we get more games for our machines, it's pretty thin on the ground these days.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    You should see much better game performance after installing Panther.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    resres Posts: 711member
    Quote:

Originally posted by howyoudoin

yea i have a powerbook Alu 15in 1.25 and so far no game I've played can slow it down (unless I kill with the resolution). Medal of Honor-smooth. Army Operations-smooth. Unreal Tournament 2003-smooth. Return to

Wolfenstein-smooth. I have Warcraft 3 but haven't installed it yet. I heard that game ran poorly on mac (i used it on a pc so i wouldn't know). I'll let u know. I'm not sure how to obtain frame rates but would be glad to if someone would let me know.

Warcraft 3 only slows down in major combats on my 800MHz Powerbook, so it should run great on your 1.25 GHz.

Unreal Tournament 2003 smooth? What fps are you getting? And at what settings? UT2k3 is way too slow on my powerbook, and was running very poorly on my fiends dual 1GHz G4 tower.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by howyoudoin

War3 runs great on my 1Ghz TiBook. Version 1.0 had some serious performance issues on the mac, but those were very much fixed. The game seems to load quite a bit faster on my TiBook than it does on a 2.0Ghz P4-M Thinkpad (plugged in). That's the only objective observation I can make about the speed comparison. I play on medium-medium and I have never seen it slow down at all, except for network lag. . . . And 3 v 3 friday lunchtime games result in some large battles.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Only had my new 17inch a week, tried RtCW (really good), Soldier of Fortune II (not my favourite game, but good graphics) and Unreal Tour 2003 (astounding frame rate). Looking forward to "Halo" !!!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    I've been playing WCIII a lot, with all the settings to the max. Generally this kicks on the fan, but I play with headphones, so I don't notice. Everything is very smooth. Very good performance, however, one day I was playing without being plugged in, so my CPU was set to reduced performance, and it got a bit choppy during intense battles. So definitely set it to full performance before playing games.

Neverwinter Nights also looks good, I've installed and played a little bit, but haven't really done enough to comment on performance.

This is definitely a nice machine for games out today.

-Spyky