FREE SE T610 phone from Amazon!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Anyone care to chime in about the phone?

I'm looking for a phone that allows iSync/iCal support, and I've just heard some phones allow you to enter data into iCal so I'd love that. I also would like the ability to use the phone in Europe or Asia even if I had to rent a sim card. Games are cool I guess, but mostly just to waste time. I'd do email if it were free in the package like with the Sidekick, otherwise I'd have to live without.

I'd love to hear not only if this phone can do want I'd like, but what else it does that I have no clue about. My current phone is a five year old Sprint phone. I hate it.

Thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    cool.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Anyone care to chime in about the phone?

I'm looking for a phone that allows iSync/iCal support, and I've just heard some phones allow you to enter data into iCal so I'd love that. I also would like the ability to use the phone in Europe or Asia even if I had to rent a sim card. Games are cool I guess, but mostly just to waste time. I'd do email if it were free in the package like with the Sidekick, otherwise I'd have to live without.

I'd love to hear not only if this phone can do want I'd like, but what else it does that I have no clue about. My current phone is a five year old Sprint phone. I hate it.

Thanks.

It works great with iSync/iCal so don't worry about that. T-Mobile offers $20 unlimited data as an option on all their voice plans so you can do unlimited email like the sidekick. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are more robust email clients for the T610 than what SE ships standard. There is also a html browser for it too if you want more than WAP.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    I just got this phone through AT&T. Its a great one- a huge jump from the nokia 3360. I love the bluetooth- its the coolest thing about the phone- I love the salling clicker software too- a must buy if you get this phone!

I'm not so sure about WAP. Its not so great. I can't find any mac news sites with a WAP page...I'm having troubles setting up my current e-mail address with it too! But I've been too busy playing around with the other stuff the phone has to offer to actually sit down and figure the e-mail thing out/call tech support. The screen is a little hard to read in day light, but with voice dialing you don't really need the screen anyway!

I'm extemely happy with it!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

It works great with iSync/iCal so don't worry about that. T-Mobile offers $20 unlimited data as an option on all their voice plans so you can do unlimited email like the sidekick. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are more robust email clients for the T610 than what SE ships standard. There is also a html browser for it too if you want more than WAP.

Cool. Does it allow iCal entry? That would probably seal the deal for me.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Cool. Does it allow iCal entry? That would probably seal the deal for me.

What do you mean? Can you add an event on the phone and have that added to iCal when you sync? YES! In iSync you select which calender you want the new entries to go into. That's it.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I couldn't resist. I've finally, after many posts in many cell phone threads here, purchased a new phone and new service. Many thanks to many people here who have answered my questions.

Now, I did 'purchase' a T68i from Amazon at the turn of the year, but after a month of not shipping I finally cancelled. So the same thing could happen here.

But many thanks still.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    the T616 is free from AT&T now, with a rebate. not online, but in stores