Hard drive recommendation for G5

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I want to get a second internal drive for my G5 1.6 I do a bit of audio and video so something decent, preferably at least 120gb. Thanks in advance......

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Well there's seagate, maxtor and western digital. The i think apple is using seagate for the80 and 160's, and maxtor for the 250's.

I'm going to get another maxtor 250 in my 1.8, because they have liquid bearing, so they are quite. I've heard the western digitals are noisy. All are fast enough, and who knows about reliability these days...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
  • Reply 3 of 7
    fotnsfotns Posts: 301member
    Don't get a DeathStar, you'll regret it.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FotNS

Don't get a DeathStar, you'll regret it.

The Deathstar 75GXP problem is so 2 years ago.

I have four HDDs--two Western Digitals and two Seagates. One Seagate came with my PMG4. I bought the second to use in a FW RAID configuration. I'm not particularly attached to Western Digital HDDs, but they just happened to be the cheapest after rebates from Dell, Fry's, etc. I just buy whatever's the best deal.

For example, I have another 200 GB Western Digital HDD coming from dell.com. It was $223, but it comes with two sets of rebates for $100 each. That brings the total to $23. How can you not pass that up? Heh.

Maxtor, Seagate, WD, Hitachi...doesn't matter...they're all going to be roughly the same...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Thanks, any preferred vedonrs? How'd you get that deal Eugene?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    i ususally get my computer parts from newegg.com

they are really good, athough i don't think you will be finding any 200 dollar rebates there