NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 (games)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I really want to buy a new 12"er and be able to use it marginally for games (a little BG 2, some Neverwinter nights, etc). Does any one know if the new graphics chispet is a real improvement over the 440?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I think it is. However the previous powerbook have a geforce 420 mx, who was far beyond the geforce 440 mx.

I will also say that the geforce 440 mx of my powerbook 17 inch first generation, give sufficiants results in 3 D games.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

I think it is. However the previous powerbook have a geforce 420 mx, who was far beyond the geforce 440 mx.

I think you meant to say the GeForce 420 MX is far behind the GeForce 440 MX.

The GeForce FX 5200 Go should be a fair improvement over the GF 420, but don't expect an awesome gaming experience. Just basic games should do fine though.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

I think you meant to say the GeForce 420 MX is far behind the GeForce 440 MX.

The GeForce FX 5200 Go should be a fair improvement over the GF 420, but don't expect an awesome gaming experience. Just basic games should do fine though.

OOpps : you are right. The right word is behind. Beyond refer to one of our member who was beyond therapy, but who seems to be cured now