Meet my new object of desire

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The new Akai MPC1000:

http://www.pek.ch/images/MPC1000-lg.jpg

\t

AKAI Professional has introduced the MPC1000 Music Production Center, the latest addition of the MPC product line.

The unit includes a large graphic display, MPC-style pressure and velocity drum pads, large RAM capacity, and USB "Mass Storage Class Support.?

Other features on the MPC1000 include two Q-Link sliders controlling filter cutoff, pitch, layering, attack, and decay, two stereo effects (Chorus, Flanger, Phase shifter, Tremolo, Flying pan, Reverb) and a 4-band EQ and compressor master effect.

The MPC1000 comes standard with 16MB of RAM expandable to 128 MB with the optional EXM128 and data can be saved to Compact Flash Memory cards with a capacity of up to 2GB, transferred via USB directly to your PC or MAC.

The MPC1000 is the smallest Akai Professional MPC to date and has an MSRP (U.S.) of $995.

For more info go to http://www.akaipro.com

also http://www.mpc1000.com & http://www.mpc-tutor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4365 for more info

It will be mine.

Tiger's most bangin beats @this moment:

Ludacris- Stand Up (producer: Kanye West)

Loon ft. Mario Winans (producer ???? Bad Boy)

Talib Kweli- Guerilla Monsoon Rap (producer: Kanye West)

Kanye West- Through The Wire (producer: Kanye West)

Skillz- Off The Wall (producer: Timbaland)

Mod Edit - made it a link, your image was too big. 800x600 is the max, please. - murbot

Comments

• Reply 1 of 50
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    A drum machine? For a grand you could get some real drums. Learning how to play them well could be harder though.
  • Reply 2 of 50
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Just buy a midi keyboard and Reason instead.

• Reply 3 of 50
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    For $325.00 bucks I love the Ensoniq ASRX I bought off ebay. The sequencer is just so much easier to use than any computer software I've tried and the pads feel way better for percussion than a keyboard.
  • Reply 4 of 50
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Just buy a midi keyboard and Reason instead.

midi keyboard and Logic. Reason's sequencer is horrid, and what's midi without Logic?

MPC's are great for doing percussion, but I'm too lazy to deal with controllers most of the time so I generally just do it in the matrix editor.
  • Reply 5 of 50
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I thought this was going to be the picture.

• Reply 6 of 50

Go to the boot scoot n saloon or somethin instead of hangin on my nut sack fool.
  • Reply 7 of 50
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    FIRE! FIRE! Oh, the humanity...

Honestly, TigerWoods99...that machine looks (looks mind you) like what I'd find at a Kraftwerk garage sale...
  • Reply 8 of 50
    Haha...I think it looks ok...would have to judge in person ...the other MPCs might look better, but its the function that matters I might invest in a Korg Triton keyboard w/cd-rw drive built in...my keyboard is old and sucks. Supposedly the Neptunes use them but I have heard a lot of people say you can't really get hip-hop beats out of them?? Well if the Neptunes use one then thats completely untrue. Right now I just work with Reason 2.5, Cubase SX, pHATmatik pro.

Oh and mods, sorry bout the image being too big...my mistake.
  • Reply 9 of 50
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    here i thought it would be this....

• Reply 10 of 50
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I have a MPC 2000 and it is AWESOME.

a must have for the aspiring Hip-hop producer.

the 2000XL is really sick too, I wish I had a zip drive.

the 4000 is insane though, that thing is just a beast and a half.

this 1000 model looks pretty neat, kind of stripped down but it should get the job done. 64 meg flash cards! hehehe, my MPC runs on floppys and has 32 megs of ram

official site: http://www.akaipro.com/us/mpc1k.html

BTW, I use Reason 2.5 currently for my beats, but it is incredibly wimpy compared to the MPC2000, whose sampler and sequencer are excellent, especially for hip hop.
  • Reply 11 of 50
    Wrong- how much did you pay for your 2000 and what are the differences between that and the XL? The 4000 is awesome, too bad it costs like 5 Gs. I am thinkin about obtaining a 1000 cuz its gonna be a lot cheaper than the others and its small, good for taking around etc. That way I could just fit it in my backpack or somethin if I went into a studio or over somewhere to record with anyone. Im broke right now otherwise I would cop one right away, but this is gonna be a big investment so I wanna make sure I play my cards right. Plus, you could also buy a relatively good keyboard PLUS this MPC for the same price as getting a 2000XL. Seems like it could be big...especially since it will bring more people in who normally wouldnt be able to afford one. I think Cubase has some nice drum samples you can get and good VST plugins for hip hop...Reason 2.5 is pretty good but I really want an MPC, it would make my life so much easier. I also produce R&B.
  • Reply 12 of 50
    back in the day when the 2000 was king, it was $1400 If I remember correctly.

now a days you can get the 2000 for like $600 on ebay or less even.

but, it's not really worth it, while it is still a great machine, the XL is by far superior in just about every respect.

the zip drive is the biggest thing though, on ONE zip disc you can store thousands of samples and sounds. not too mention all your sequences and songs. but also the XL is a lot "faster" in that, it boots in less time, it loads samples in less time, it saves in less time..etc.

it has an adjustable screen which is cosmetic,but very useful.

that's about it really, in terms of noticable differences.

You could get a used XL for a $1000 or so a little more if to get the internal zip drive.

the cheapest 4000 model I've seen was $1999 for the bare-bones LE model.

the MPC 1000 will be about $850 so it will trump the XL in price, but not by much however the USB ports on the MPC1000 would be incredibly useful if you have a laptop.

reason is great, but not for hip hop...it has some good drums, once you put effects and compression on them. but it what it really lacks is a way to sample from ANY source, like you can with the MPC, that's just golden.

most of my MPC beats are cut from old vinyl, just cut up a 2 second snippet, or snag a quick horn sound, then tweak it to all hell. That's a sure fire way to get a bumping groove that you can rap too. But with reason, you have to really work extra hard to get around not having that ability, and even then your beats lack that rawness that you gain from sampling vinyl or whatever with a mic.
  • Reply 13 of 50
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

here i thought it would be this....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

PHEW

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

O BOY
  • Reply 14 of 50
    So you would say that an MPC is superior compared to PC production? I dunno...I heard 9th Wonder still uses Fruity Loops LOL...and he cranked out a beat in the studio for Jigga Man's 'Black Album' in 20 minutes. I think I would be lethal with any MPC though...I mean I can do a lot with a little. I've messed around on studio equipment before and made some sick ish...so now I want something close and build up to have a mini home studio. Hmm...I need to get this gear fast, I got a rapper's demo cd to work on plus a mixtape joint (2-3 songs).
  • Reply 15 of 50
    I watched domino make one of Pep-loves beats in about 10 minutes, on this old feature hieroglyphics.com used to do.

I personally prefer MPC beat making to something like reason by a long shot. though I'm sure some other computer solutions might be better than reason(logic..I'm looking at you here) but I'd still prefer an MPC.

probably because I'm well versed in how they work, and am very used to working with pads and not keyboards.

I just showed my brother the MPC1000, I'm thinking I might want to replace our MPC 2000 with the 1000 because it interfaces with the computer for use as a storage dump, which is really really useful.
  • Reply 16 of 50

who is the girl with the blue panties?

she looks knocked out
  • Reply 17 of 50
    Yeah...Id rather work with the pads then a keyboard...its easier. Have you heard 9th Wonder's stuff?? He did remixes of Nas' 'Illmatic' album as well as other joints...does all his stuff via PC based production.

This MPC1000 is starting to look like its pretty good..wonder when Sam Ash or Guitar Center will get them in...
  • Reply 18 of 50
    end of the month It looks like. that's when musiciansfriend.com is getting them at least.
  • Reply 19 of 50
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I'm telling ya. The Ensoniq is the poor man's MPC. 34 Megs of ram, scsi, eight independent outs and a stereo master out, built in stereo mic pre, 2 megs of built in rom sounds...I just need to find the 32 meg urban dance sound card and I'll be in heaven.
  • Reply 20 of 50
    Yo, check out this keyboard:

http://www.edirol.com/products/info/pcra30.html

I want some feedback as to whether this product looks good or not...I think it goes for around 300 something, so of course it isnt gonna be a Korg Triton or anything but I dont have that kinda budget right now. This is also something I am considering since I need to replace my keyboard.