Soundblaster wireless

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apple needs to do this and fast. check it out at creative's website. Basically you can play music to your stereo through the 802.11b or g- network

how nice would it be to take your laptop to the couch, open it up, and play music through your main home speaker system from right there, without plugin anything in?

They should integrate this feature into an upgraded, high-end iPod dock, which would sync the iPod wirelessly also.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Neat idea... I have read about many different ways of doing this kinda thing. One person even built a linux box just to act as a mp3 server, he controles it through ICQ.

But if apple were to do something like this they will want to shoot past what creative is offering... who knows.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Yeah...if Apple did it they'd have to have some trump that makes their version more appealing.

like the iPod, It wasn't revolutionary, or that innovative at all, but when it was released it was high capacity, great battery life AND it was tiny(compared to other HD players at the time)

and it only got better.

So apple would have to have some kind of great syncing with iTunes, iPod. As well as offering all the features that they could.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    bsharpbsharp Posts: 64member
    Here's one specifically for the Mac:

http://www.macsense.com/product/homepod/

Homepod connects iTunes to your stereo.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Homepod looks pretty cool. But why can't we just use something like an iTrip plugged into the computer's audio output jack?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    bsharpbsharp Posts: 64member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

Homepod looks pretty cool. But why can't we just use something like an iTrip plugged into the computer's audio output jack?

Good question. I tried a similar device, but it had way too much radio static. Also, the range was short.

Also, Homepod will actually let you change songs via remote, I believe.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    homepod looks awesome, but right now its vaporware (or seems to be). Does anyone know when we will be able to actually buy this product? Also, do you know if i can control the music from the mac or do i have to use the homepod/remote