Tigers, Tigers everywhere...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Guess everybody heard about Siegfried's boy Roy getting attacked by one of his tigers (mauled in the neck during a show...in critical condition)...but THIS story blew me away! Only in New York City...

"NEW YORK (CNN) -- A man who kept a 400- to 500-pound Bengal tiger and a 3-foot, 280-pound alligator as roommates in his Harlem apartment was in custody Sunday, charged with reckless endangerment, police said."

"Police talked with a neighbor who said the man in the apartment owned a tiger. A fourth-floor resident complained that urine had seeped through her ceiling from Yates' apartment, Kelly said."

Uh. Why didn't these two nimrods call the police beforehand?

Take it from the chef...stay in the boat.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 51
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Yea he got the tiger when it was a kitty. They say it's in good health too

Doesn't look good for Roy.
  • Reply 2 of 51
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Yea he got the tiger when it was a kitty. They say it's in good health too

Doesn't look good for Roy.

His grocery bill must have been phenomenal...

I just don't get those neighbors. "You tell the landlord or the cops and I'll set my tiger & 'gator on you!"

Seems that Roy will survive, but the show is down indefinately. I don't know...I think the whole tiger show angle had it's limits. They even have imitators...I know they treated their animals very well. But their old instincts will sometimes return..."MAN = FOOD".
  • Reply 3 of 51
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artman @_@

Take it from the chef...stay in the boat.

Nice. That was on Bravo last night. Goooooood movie.

As for Roy... I can't wait to see Conan O'Brien tomorrow night, a joke about that is pretty much guaranteed. And no, I'm not laughing at his suffering, it's in the cards when you work with animals like that.
  • Reply 4 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ringo

Nice. That was on Bravo last night. Goooooood movie.

As for Roy... I can't wait to see Conan O'Brien tomorrow night, a joke about that is pretty much guaranteed. And no, I'm not laughing at his suffering, it's in the cards when you work with animals like that.

It's too bad that there were no drunk soldiers in the audience.
  • Reply 5 of 51
    nwhyseenwhysee Posts: 151member
    Heres what i think Conan Would say:

"A tiger bit Roy this weekend, yeah some bad news. Yeah it first tried to bite Roy's crotch, but Siegfried was already biting there."
  • Reply 6 of 51
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nwhysee

"A tiger bit Roy this weekend, yeah some bad news. Yeah it first tried to bite Roy's crotch, but Siegfried was already biting there."

is your last name O'brien by any chance?

sad news but i can't help but not have much sympathy for him....... stupid to use animals like that.
  • Reply 7 of 51
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    HOLY SHIT

• Reply 8 of 51
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member

FUBAR
  • Reply 9 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

HOLY SHIT

O_O

That's one hell of a brave cop!
  • Reply 10 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by nwhysee

Nice.

Well, it would be a bit better to word it:

"The tiger was going to bite Roy in the groin, but Sigfriend was in the way."

Or something like that.
  • Reply 11 of 51
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    They found Christopher Walken's apartment!

That link goes to a 50MB movie. If you are on dialup, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK!!!!!
  • Reply 12 of 51
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mihrbot

They found Christopher Walken's apartment!

Thanks butt****...not everyone has broadband....

And don't mess with Walken...

• Reply 13 of 51
    Well, when you see 50MB in your status bar at the bottom of your browser window, STOP ****ING LOADING THE MOVIE.

Is there a new rule around here that says you have to warn dial up users? Boo hoo, get broadband or shut your pie hole.

THIS COMMENT IS AIMED SQUARELY AT ARTMAN, AND NOT TO ALL DIALUP USERS. I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY FEELINGS I MAY HAVE HURT, AND IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. HELL, I EVEN HAVE DIAL UP USING FRIENDS. MY COUSIN MARRIED A DIAL UP USER, AND HE WAS WELCOMED INTO THE FAMILY WITH OPEN ARMS. HE'S PRETTY COOL.
  • Reply 14 of 51
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Where I live BB is about 6 times more expensive than dial-up and then your downloads are capped. The more you increase speed, the less you can download. Telecommunications where I live is arse.

The big cat looks like he just wants to play. Wonder if he took it for walks?
  • Reply 15 of 51
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mihrbot

Boo hoo, get broadband or shut your pie hole.

Careful, your elitism is showing.

Anyway, did someone mention tigers?
  • Reply 16 of 51
    Elitism? Hardly!

OK then, we'll implement a new rule here: no posting videos over 100k. Don't want to make the dial up users cry.

• Reply 17 of 51
    Yes, elitism. You feign dismissal over those who are too "backwards" to not have broadband for one reason or another that is personal to them. No one is suggesting that 50 MB videos shouldn't be linked to. All they ask is for a warning. Is that too beneath you to serve as a considerate gesture? The tone of your most recent posts here would suggest that you do harbor a lack of respect over those who have not conformed to a seemingly small point in life. Think about it.
  • Reply 18 of 51
    Um, no.

It was a reaction to someone calling me a butt**** for linking a movie.

It was aimed at him, not to all dialup users.

Jesus...
  • Reply 19 of 51
    Yes, it certainly was a reaction. The response was inadequately focused to the target, however. You ended up with an inflammatory tone against all dial-up users. Perhaps you would have been better off just noting that his comment need not have been so caustic, not that the plight of all dial-up users presents such a bother to you. Should we all now go out and get broadband just to be less of a nuisance to you? If you say, "yes", that would fall under the shade of elitism. If you say, "no", then why did you make the comment in the first place?
  • Reply 20 of 51
    I should know better than to be so insensitive in AppleOutsider. My post was mean and unnecessarily cruel. I have edited it.

I hope this is satisfactory, and that everyone accepts my apology.

waaaaaaaa

BTW Randy, I have seen you edit your post 4 times now, how the hell is anyone supposed to comment on what you post?

Oops, sorry, was that too caustic?