iMac/Firewire/iMovie help!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Do the newest model iMacs come with a firewire cable? Not port but cable?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I believe all FireWire equipped Macs do.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    How sure are you? I need this for a project? Does anyone know how to import into iMovie from a DV Camera?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Yes, I too am pretty sure that all Firewire-equipped Macs come with a pretty translucent cable with an Apple engraved on the end.

How do you import the footage??? Uhh... click the little Camera/File toggle button and then click big, oval "Import" button. I guess you've never used iMovie, eh?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    all macs come with a 4-6 pin firewire cable for DV cameras.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    <a href="http://www.apple.com/imac/specs.html"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/imac/specs.html</a>;

[quote]Two 400Mbps FireWire (IEEE 1394) ports; includes 4-pin-to-6-pin FireWire cable for connecting DV camera<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Hmm...my G4 400 AGP never came with one. We went out and bought one for $8 though.

• Reply 7 of 10
    No, I've never used iMovie. I can't wait though, I'll post my movie as soon as I'm done. Its an English project, Romeo + Juliet, Act I scene 1.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>Hmm...my G4 400 AGP never came with one. We went out and bought one for $8 though.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's weird. My Yikes! G4 400 came with one. It should be in the box with the keyboard and mouse
  • Reply 9 of 10
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by PB G3:

<strong>No, I've never used iMovie. I can't wait though, I'll post my movie as soon as I'm done. Its an English project, Romeo + Juliet, Act I scene 1.</strong><hr></blockquote>

English teachers LOVE movies. We had to do a Chaucer movie and we just screwed around and had robots with lasers and undead skeleton warriors. We made the lasers in photoshop frame by frame. Out movie had nothing to do with the assignment but we got an A. good luck!

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: G4Dude ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>Hmm...my G4 400 AGP never came with one. We went out and bought one for $8 though.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

FireWire-equipped Macs haven't always come with the cable. With the iMacs, the early DV models included the cable as a short-term special deal, then they stopped. I think they started including the cable again when they began their "digital hub" push.