AlBook Hinge

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
What stops it from opening almost 180 degrees. My 15" only opens to like 145, and it's kinda annoying sometimes the way i sit with my back to something and it on my legs. I don't see anything obstructing it opening, but it doesn't open further...why?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    designed that way.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    drxcmdrxcm Posts: 50member
    Just picked up a 17" today for myself and I gotta say that I think the hinge is a little too loose - wouldnt mind a tighter feel

Its fine really feels smooth and all but just tends to close if you tilt the book forward towards you.. anyone else got the same problem?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drxcm

Just picked up a 17" today for myself and I gotta say that I think the hinge is a little too loose - wouldnt mind a tighter feel

Its fine really feels smooth and all but just tends to close if you tilt the book forward towards you.. anyone else got the same problem?

Mine stays where I put it. In another thead I say how I fell down the stairs holding my 15", well I had the screen open and protected the 15" but it still got a jolt. Screen bounced when I hit the ground, but it still stayed open to where it should have been so I could contine you do what I wanted to from pain lying at teh foot of my steps