Abusing .Mac?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey, I send about 50 iCards a day. EVERYday.

Do you suppose that ticks off Apple?

(ps, PM me your email address and I'll get you on my distribution list. )

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Are you kidding me? We have to do something to get our money's worth out of it!
  • Reply 2 of 12
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    okay, i have to ask... why? are you just that friendly? nothing better to do? is it a marketing thing?
  • Reply 3 of 12
    OH! I hadn't even thought to mention that. I'm just that friendly. I drop them to co-workers, wives (whoops, I mean wife), family, etc. Basically I do about 20ish before 10, then about a dozen after lunch. Then another 20 or so just before leaving work.

I'm also keeping the Apple name in their inbox all day. Every time I get a business card from a sales person trying to sell me more T1s, I put them on my iCard list.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

OH! I hadn't even thought to mention that. I'm just that friendly. I drop them to co-workers, wives (whoops, I mean wife), family, etc. Basically I do about 20ish before 10, then about a dozen after lunch. Then another 20 or so just before leaving work.

I'm also keeping the Apple name in their inbox all day. Every time I get a business card from a sales person trying to sell me more T1s, I put them on my iCard list.

you were abused as a child huh?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:

there's a four letter word for that.... starts with an S, ends with an M... Philly state in middle.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

Hey, I send about 50 iCards a day. EVERYday.

why??? you know that many people too?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I send several month, I guess: birthdays of friends or family (in addition to traditional cards, of course).

Sometimes, I'll just send one to someone special for no particular reason.

[cue swelling violins]
  • Reply 8 of 12
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    out of curiosity, how do you make a mailing list for icards? the reason i ahve never gotten into icards is that it seems like you have to hand-enter each address every single time -- talk about tedious. or did they change things recently?
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

out of curiosity, how do you make a mailing list for icards?

Manually. But I don't see why you couldn't automate it...
  • Reply 10 of 12
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I'm sure Apple wishes there were more people like you.

Out of curiosity, do you "make" your own iCards with your own images, or do you use the licensed material? I think Apple is probably going to drop licensed iCard images soon; I don't think they get much use of them from users. I suspect (with no evidence of this) that they will probably add features to the "make your own iCard" feature of .Mac rather than spend the time and money on their own images.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Are you kidding me? We have to do something to get our money's worth out of it!

I got my money out of it today. I reinstalled Mac OS X and forgot to back up my Address Book and Safari bookmarks. Lucky for me, I make use of iSync and it was easy to do a restore.

And my iDisk makes a nice depository for my MacMame ROMs.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Out of curiosity, do you "make" your own iCards with your own images, or do you use the licensed material? I think Apple is probably going to drop licensed iCard

Some of both, but mostly I just use the built in ones. They switch um around every couple of days so it's no biggie. (To my knowledge I haven't really repeated sending them to anyone)