Hurrrray! It's snowing!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
You read right. It's snowing! At least where I live in Switzerland. It's a little bit early, but who cares, right? Where I live it's about 500 meters above sea level. Above 1000 meters there is already more than half a meter snow. YIIIIHAAAAA!!

Proof:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    nice flakes
  • Reply 2 of 16
    i wish i lived in Switzerland 500 meters above sea level, but no, I?m stuck in good old flat Canada. I went up north last weekend on a canoe trip, and we had snow, don?t remember if I took any pictures of the snow.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    nice. does it always snow so early in the season?
  • Reply 4 of 16
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Before I moved to Canada I always dreamed of snow....

The first year I moved to the west coast of Canada it was snowing like hell.....Snowed for over a week non-stop.....snow was over 2 ft high....I was locked in the house and couldn't go any where for 2 weeks....

After that....I HATE SNOW
  • Reply 5 of 16
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I used to love snow... until I ended up with 2.5 acres of the ****ing stuff to clear every time it dumps.

But, uh, cool man. Have fun.

Kind of funny, I spent the morning before going to work watering the hell out of my sod that I layed over the weekend... didn't want it burning up today. Going to be another warm one.

• Reply 6 of 16
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    double
  • Reply 7 of 16
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Snow, what the heck is that? I live in Northern Iowa and the local high school hasn't had a snow day in 2 years. Makes me worry we're due for a ton this winter.

Cool pictures, Defiant!

Jeff
  • Reply 8 of 16
    If you're in the flat part of Canada then you're in the wrong part of Canada.

What is Switzerland at, 50 degrees North or more?
  • Reply 9 of 16
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    No snow for me , just shitty rain ...
  • Reply 10 of 16
    we havent had a good snowy winter in minnesota for 2 years. all we get is 6 or 8 inches of slush and then it all melts away. its beginning to get reallly depressing, cuz when it snows like that, you cant do anything with it. i say either give me 3 feet or give me nothing. Im really hoping i can take the snowmobile out this year.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    That sucks....its gonna be in the 70s for a few days here, about effin time after its been freezing. Then again after that Im sure it will drop down to like 30 degrees....
  • Reply 12 of 16
    I remember back in the day of gr 6 we had a snow storm, (and perhaps a teachers strike) and that kept me out of school for a month. (good times)

A good prank, go to your fridge and open the freezer door, scratch some of that frost off, until you have enough for a snowball or just a hand full. Then go over to your brothers, sisters, parents room (they haf to be sleeping) and ?wake? em up find something funny to say. If you pain the windows over and crank the air conditioning, you might be successful leading them to believe that there?s been a snowstorm, and that you?ve been snowed in.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

nice. does it always snow so early in the season?

No, this time it's quite early. But still, for tomorrow they expect more than one meter snow higher up in the mountains.

Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

What is Switzerland at, 50 degrees North or more?

Yeah, it's just about 49 degrees north, I believe.

Bad things is that now, in the morning, the snow has left. It's all gone. At least down here.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Finally found some pics from my canoe trip, here?s the snow I know its not much

SNOW
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

That sucks....its gonna be in the 70s for a few days here, about effin time after its been freezing. ...

You're getting our weather - it's been in the 80s here the past three days...
  • Reply 16 of 16
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Yeah, and the worst part about it is that a couple weeks ago when it was cold, they switched the room vents from A/C to heat! They can't just do that at the drop of a hat so now everyone is stuck with hot air blowing into their rooms unless you close the vents, and even then it gets a bit warm. And it's too warm out and not windy enough to cool down by opening the window. I'm just stuck with being hot and sweaty all the time