Displayless VNC?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Sorry for the confusing subject line, but I am not quite sure what to call it. Anyways, I thought a while ago I heard about a program for the mac that used VNC, but when you got to the edge of your screen it went to controlling the other computer. (So like an extended desktop) but, it simply used the host's computer monitor. This would let me just have one keyboard and mouse set up and be convenient. Anyone happen to know about this? Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    etharethar Posts: 111member
    Are you referring to this? That's pretty much the same thing I use to access my linux server's Gnome environment from my XP machine. I love it. It'll open up the remote desktop in a window, and do just what you say...if you move your mouse out of the window, then you can just click back into your local desktop.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    See, what I am really wanting is something that lets me JUST send the mouse movements and keyboard actions to the other computer, and I would use the other one with its own screen. That way I can cut down on the number of keyboards and mice I have on my desk. So I was thinking if there was one written so when it hit the edge of the screen it moved to the next computer... Soemthing like that.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Get a KVM switch - VNC is slow and funky - I use it to control my windows machine so I dont ever have to touch it physically.