$900 iBook G3/500 limited Qty

jrcjrc
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.macconnection.com/scripts/content/showcase/apple/ibook.asp"; target="_blank">http://www.macconnection.com/scripts/content/showcase/apple/ibook.asp</a>;

hurry my little forum friends! Hurry!

(to keep on-topic: This means NEW iBooks!)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    It doesn't mean new iBooks are coming. It's the regular Apple $100 rebate with specials from MacConnection.

This really is current hardware so I'm moving it there.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Wow....that's cheap :eek:

no DVD.....sorry
  • Reply 3 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>It doesn't mean new iBooks are coming. It's the regular Apple $100 rebate with specials from MacConnection...

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Usually Apple doesn't allow resellers to rebate cash. They throw in memory, printers or other prizes but not cash. It makes me feel the low end iBook is coming to an end. Perhaps it was selling so slowly they decided to drop it and are using MacConnection to help move the inventory?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Gosh, had I only said CONFIRMED: NEW IBOOKS, this would have stayed in the FUTURE section.

Oh, well.

M W N B T D T M T T D A O T B B T A O 1 A N G A
  • Reply 5 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by neutrino23:

<strong>

Usually Apple doesn't allow resellers to rebate cash. They throw in memory, printers or other prizes but not cash. It makes me feel the low end iBook is coming to an end. Perhaps it was selling so slowly they decided to drop it and are using MacConnection to help move the inventory?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Don't other places like Club Mac usually have either free RAM or some money back?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Perhaps they're eliminating the low end model, or changing it to 600Mhz at MWSF.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    If you look at the offer closely you will see that the $200 instant rebate is for any laptop under $1200 and then there is a $100 rebate from Apple. I am really torn on whether to get this iBook, or just to wait. I don't really need DVD...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by NoahJ:

<strong>If you look at the offer closely you will see that the $200 instant rebate is for any laptop under $1200 and then there is a $100 rebate from Apple. I am really torn on whether to get this iBook, or just to wait. I don't really need DVD...</strong><hr></blockquote>

If you don't need the DVD then go for it. Some people will say not to because of the 66MHz bus, but my 500MHz DVD iBook is plenty fast.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I am guessing the low-end iBook will bump to 100Mhz bus but with the same 500Mhz G3 in MWSF.

Hey...Apple Turns mentioned that the entire Apple line-up will get refreshed at MWSF....this low end bump counts as a refresh

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>I am guessing the low-end iBook will bump to 100Mhz bus but with the same 500Mhz G3 in MWSF.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Either that or they'll get the 600MHz.