**CONFIRMED** Panther out on OCTOBER 24

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
15 days to go till they let the big black cat outta the bag people!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    wow, you need some coffee
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Only $69 for students and teachers with educational pricing?!?

WOW! I've never been so happy to STILL be taking college classes in my late 20s!!!!

I hope my Pismo PowerBook will be very happy with Panther.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by rustedborg

Only $69 for students and teachers with educational pricing?!?

WOW! I've never been so happy to STILL be taking college classes in my late 20s!!!!

I hope my Pismo PowerBook will be very happy with Panther.

Woah.....now THAT'S making the most of your Pismo!!!

It's gonna be running an uphill battle don't you think??
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Dude, i ordered my powerbook yesterday. How will i know if there gonna include it for free when its released or if i will get it at discount price? Thanks.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Joecool

Woah.....now THAT'S making the most of your Pismo!!!

It's gonna be running an uphill battle don't you think??

Yes, but I've upgraded my Pismo to a full Gig of RAM and a new hard drive. Supposedly a few people have already installed earlier builds of Panther on Pismos and it runs just fine.

I won't be able to use Quartz Extreme or video conferencing with my 500MHz G3 and only 8MB of VRAM on my graphics card, but I don't use my Pismo for that stuff. I just use it for Word, Web browsing, and some basic Photoshop work with my digital camera and scanner.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by killer2239

Dude, i ordered my powerbook yesterday. How will i know if there gonna include it for free when its released or if i will get it at discount price? Thanks.

Apple has screwed you. Only Macs purcahsed between today and the end of December qualify for the discount "upgrade" price. Since you just ordered it yesterday, I'd see if you can cancel the order and then reorder it 24 hours after the cancellation of the first order has been confirmed.

If Apple is going to screw you, screw them right back.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rustedborg

Apple has screwed you. Only Macs purcahsed between today and the end of December qualify for the discount "upgrade" price. Since you just ordered it yesterday, I'd see if you can cancel the order and then reorder it 24 hours after the cancellation of the first order has been confirmed.

If Apple is going to screw you, screw them right back.

Jeez... relax. Just give apple a call and I'm sure they will do allow you to get it some way or another.

I mean, they let people who bought old powerbooks just before the new ones came out swap them, why would this be any different?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    "Jeez... relax. Just give apple a call and I'm sure they will do allow you to get it some way or another."

Nope.....I called to see if the Powerbook I ordered a week ago, and that I still have not received, qualifies for the upgrade price and they told me "no". I would have to cancel my order, which is BTO, and re-order if I want the cheaper price.

Encourges one to find alternate means.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    thats kind of bull, in my mind you "purchase" the computer when it ships cuz thats when you credit card actually gets charged. It works that way for rebates with a time limit, it starts when your computer ships.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    See the other thread: "Panther to be Released in Last Week of October (merged)"

LOCK!