Did you order Panther?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
This is just a simple poll. Have you already placed your order for Panther?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    order it? bah, gotta go to where the action is! im goin to the apple store to get one personally
  • Reply 2 of 25
    neilybneilyb Posts: 128member
    yup, for $69 bucks from edu store
  • Reply 3 of 25
    crap, i forgot about edu pricing, can they do that from the store?
  • Reply 4 of 25
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    No discounts in-store for software, only hardware.

I bought Jaguar online, but I'm going to buy Panther from the retail store. The only question is: Burlingame of Palo Alto?
  • Reply 5 of 25
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Anyone knows where to pre-order it? Alas, I can't order it at the Apple Store because I'm outside the US. I know Jaguar could be pre-ordered somewhere for export, but I don't remember where.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    I got the family pack from the UK Store for Education - only £79.90 for five licenses!
  • Reply 7 of 25
    Yup, and one copy of Server, since that'll be where i spend my time in the coming months. For those who do that sort of thing, all the documentation is up on the Panther Server page. 1000+ pages of PDF. Get reading!
  • Reply 8 of 25
    pensievepensieve Posts: 661member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bygimis Turug VIII

I got the family pack from the UK Store for Education - only £79.90 for five licenses!

Where is the family pack in the ed store? I can't find it in the US store.
  • Reply 9 of 25
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I just ordered it... $69 edu price.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Not yet. I'll wait for all of you AI experts to sort the remaining bugs out of it and then order it when it gets up to about 10.3.4.
  • Reply 11 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by penseive

Where is the family pack in the ed store? I can't find it in the US store.

Thats interesting - I can't see it in the US store either, only the UK one! They've confirmed my order - I hope this isn't a pricing error! I'd hate them to mail me and say it's actually twice the price!
  • Reply 12 of 25
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I'm trying to figure out why the UK Education store would even have a Family-Pack, and at a mere 10£ more than the normal Panther. Weird.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    I'll skip the shipping and buy it at a store.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    I qualify for the upgrade program, so i don't see any reason not to buy it

only $30 Canadian
  • Reply 15 of 25
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    Yea if you preorder it Apples says they will actually have it at your door on the 24th. I preordered mine right away.
  • Reply 16 of 25
    pensievepensieve Posts: 661member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wmf

I'll skip the shipping and buy it at a store.

Shipping is free. It will be delivered on the evening of the 24th.
  • Reply 17 of 25
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Ordered mine at the $69 edu price with free shipping. Does anyone know who Apple uses for ground shipping?

Oh yeah, I called an Apple store to see if I could just buy it there for the edu price and they couldn't tell me whether I could do this or not. I asked them if they sold edu priced versions of other versions of OS X and they said no. So, it looks like if you want to get Panther at edu pricing you will need to order online.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    What is "bt roxxors"?
  • Reply 19 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ernest eMac

What is "bt roxxors"?

bit torrent rocks. I don't know if I spelled "rocks" right in l33t-speak, but whatever.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Edu pricing for me too. Hopefully it really will arrive on the 24th. I'm itching to try it out.