How do you include images within a post?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
How do you post pix/screenshots within your text? I read the vB code FAQ but still don't get it. I push the image button and it says "Enter the text to be formatted" - ..??.. What do I type if my picture/image/screenshot is on my desktop? I'm sure the answer is obvious, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

(I didn't think this qualified as Genius level help so I posted here).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Click Image and it brings up the window. Under where it says "Enter test to be formatted" add the web address to the image you want to show. For example: "http://www.ssba.com/lad/AngryKat.jpg";

would show

Feel free to test it to death. I had to too.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    And, as Ebby implies, you post a link to the web-accessible image; you don't actually post the image itself. So you have to get your picture from your Desktop to a web server. If you have a .Mac account, that's perfect. Otherwise, Angelfire offers free web hosting.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    luigiluigi Posts: 34member
    Cool. Thanks.

But what if the image is on my desktop? Do I have to post the pic to my iDisk or webpage first? Do the images on my desktop have a http address? Sorry if this is obvious, but as you can see, I am making some progress.

• Reply 4 of 10
    Got it. So I will try posting my images to my iDisk public folder then linking to them.

Thanks for your help.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    luigi is that you.. you dog you!
  • Reply 6 of 10

• Reply 7 of 10
    Nice beagle shot, piwozniak. Looks like a postcard.

• Reply 8 of 10
    This thread is going to the dogs.

ART JeRK
  • Reply 9 of 10
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Arf!!!
  • Reply 10 of 10