Not sucking up at all...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...but a quick (and sincere) thanks to the various powers-that-be at AppleInsider.

The forums look nice and perform well (no blackouts in a LONG time!) and I love how the main page is now churning out reports daily, sometimes twice.

And unlike some other sites I could mention ("paging Mr. Meader..." ), the stuff here seems written from the point of view of someone actually having a clue AND one foot firmly planted in some semblance of reality.

Kudos.

This has become a really solid, tight site. The forums always rocked and now there are good rumor/news/info tidbits that don't make me feel dirty for reading (and believing) them.

Quite a feat. Keep it up and you've got a lifelong hanger-arounder/AI flag-waver in me...

Proud to be a universally-adored and Highly-Respected Member? here since January 2000.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    suck up

• Reply 2 of 19
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    The forum is a lot better off then it was this time last year. The content may have gone downhill a bit(cough*appleoutsider*cough), but other than that its doing pretty well.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Proud to be a universally-adored and Highly-Respected Member? here since January 2000.

I hate you and have no respect for you, so I guess that blows that theory out the door.

• Reply 4 of 19
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Nah, you don't count.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    That's true, no one's opinion counts for anything unless they have 2500 posts or more.

• Reply 6 of 19
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

That's true, no one's opinion counts for anything unless they have 2500 posts or more.

whew, guess I'm outta luck.

well in that case I think you are a piece of crap.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Hmmm, do I like pscates or don't I, that is the question.

Until this sucking up scheme I definitely did for sure, but now it is iffy. Even if it is true I wouldn't say it.

I didn't look but here is hoping I have over 2500!

Edit: Oh sweet mother of mary I do, almost 3500... makes you reflect how much time I wasted here... I doubt anything under 1000 even had a chance of being helpful. I'm trying to be more helpful and not suck at much at my posting!
  • Reply 8 of 19
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Nope, no sucking up. Just thanking whoever for whipping together a nice forum/info site, that's all.

I've tried them all over the years and this is where I always call home.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

I didn't look but here is hoping I have over 2500!

Heh, I only said that because that post happened to be #2500 for me.

And pscates, yu0 aer teh r0x0r in my book. I love your Illustrator mockups and I'm planning on getting back into Illustrator myself (I spent many hours using Illustrator 6 on my PowerMac 7100/80).

Oh yeah, and thanks to all the guys at AI as well, this is an awesome forum. Just the right size - not huge like Mac Addict or MacNN, but not tiny either. And other than AppleOutsider and the recent popup/banner fiascos, it seems to be better than ever.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    You can all thank Kasper - back from the old school AI after a long hiatus - for the newfound life in AI. He's the guy who kicked the front page back to life, wrote the scripts cross-linking the front page articles to the forums, and otherwise tightened things up around here.

It's been great to have him back, and I'm not just saying that to kiss up either.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    I love the news posts too!

And AI usually seems to post the info before anyone else, so now I only need come here for all things mac
  • Reply 12 of 19
    AI--><--Pscates

me! -->
  • Reply 13 of 19
    Yeah, let me just add how terrific everything is now. I mean wonderful, fabulous!!! Greatest Mac website ever!!!

(I thought a good sucking up would make me feel better)
  • Reply 14 of 19
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    This place does seem to be getting better again. I've been spending a little more time here again lately and the forums seem to be great again.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    AppleInsider is great but AppleOutsider is not.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

I've tried them all over the years and this is where I always call home.

You're a good man Charlie Brown, I mean paul.

AppleOutsider is a necessary evil!
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

AppleOutsider is a necessary evil!

yes it contains the evil and keeps it from spreading
  • Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

And if they're a scumsucking liberal their opinion still doesn't count.

Well I'm a liberal but I don't recall any point in my life where I "sucked scum" so I guess my opinion still counts