How do you export emails in Mail app?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I can save only 1 email at a time in Jaguar's Mail? Is there a way to select all and export them all?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    pensievepensieve Posts: 661member
    Where do you want to put them? mail.app uses standard .mbox format. They are just text files with the header information included. If you'll look in the ~/Library/Mail folder, you'll see several folders. For example, my mac.com account mail is in a folder called "[email protected]. Within this folder there are several files. Each of these files are folders in mail.app. You can copy those .mbox (in the case of IMAP accounts, imapmbox) anywhere you want. If you only want a few of your emails, you can just make a folder in mail.app and that folder will be a file there. Then you can import that into most mail applications. HTH.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I think he's saying wants to convert the mail into a text format.

That would be cool. Rather than cut and paste, highlight 48 messages and have all the text thrown into a single text file.

Then print them out, rather than the one-by-one situation presently.

I could definitely go for that feature.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

I think he's saying wants to convert the mail into a text format.

That would be cool. Rather than cut and paste, highlight 48 messages and have all the text thrown into a single text file.

Then print them out, rather than the one-by-one situation presently.

I could definitely go for that feature.

Read my post again. An .mbox file IS text.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    as much as i am against using ms software if i can help it, i do like Entourage Email Archiver X for Entourage X. a bit on the pricey side, but the two combined pulls ALL of my mail into individually named, dated and sorted text files with their attachments arranged, dated and labeled correctly as well.

i know that doesn't answer this thread, but it's what i use, and though i would pass it along as an option.