Airport base stations and wireless routers: Do they pose a health risk?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Caught the following in a news.com article:

http://news.com.com/2100-7351_3-5089...l?tag=nefd_top

Is anyone here concerned about any possible health risks associated with RF radiation? It has not kept me from setting up a Linksys wireless G router in my home and I also don't have any qualms with using my cell phone. Anyone feel differently?

Kompressor

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    This issue has been studied a great deal and there is no health risk. Just stupid people with money to hire greedy lawyers.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    No more than the much higher powered UHF/VHF TV, FM radio, wireless phone service, and various microwave signals you are bombarded with every single moment of every single day.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

No more than the much higher powered UHF/VHF TV, FM radio, wireless phone service, and various microwave signals you are bombarded with every single moment of every single day.

Cordless Telephones, too. I remember when they had the whole debate of cordless phones and their safety.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

Cordless Telephones, too. I remember when they had the whole debate of cordless phones and their safety.

Which was started by a lawyer who's wife died of a brain tumor.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Health risk? Maybe...

But why not just eat less french fries this year?

[And to fellow americans]

Seems ironic that a country so obsessed by the health risks of smoking can also be home to the fattest populace, ever, anywhere in all of human history.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

Health risk? Maybe...

Seems ironic that a country so obsessed by the health risks of smoking can also be home to the fattest populace, ever, anywhere in all of human history.

Live lavishly There is something great about being able to go from large to super side for such a cheap price.

I am not overweight, I eat because I love how food tastes. Haha once my boyish metabolism starts slowing down though I will have to stop eating so much or else I will start to get chubby. It's ok I lift and with my iPod i might start running.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I have worked in the wireless indusrty for 14 years. I have every report and document concerning health risks. The biggest health risk an Airport bas station would cause you would be if someone threw it at you!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

Health risk? Maybe...

I seem to recall that the Brits are beating us in the battle of the bulge. I may be wrong on this. Anyone have some reliable statistics?

edit: I can't find stats From what I have read on the BBC lately, the Brits seem to think that they are giving us a run for our money. UKers, I am grately thankful what your have culturally endowed us with (the rule of law, the English language, etc.) so please don't flame me, especially since I personally believe that "no taxation without representation" is not a valid cause for revolt. God save the queen.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    No, Wi Fi is not going to give you cancer. No, it isn't going to turn your children into mutants (although your male children would probably prefer mutanthood). Yes, this is a big scare, along the lines of Vaccinations cause Autism. No, there is no truth to either of these rumors.

Yes, the governement made me write this post. Even as we speak, aliens are taking up an offensive formaiton in low earth orbit. Fear the stealth helicopters. Even as you read this post, I am reading your mind. George Bush is part of a secret society that wants to set up the UN as a world government.