Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://macnet2.com/more.php?id=408_0_1_0

Is this guy snake bitten or what?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    No, he *is* the snake.

Please, no more lip service and links to his website, unless you want to compile a list of all his broken machines...
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I know it'd be best to just ignore this guy, but I just couldn't help but comment on a comment that stood out in my mind...

"The 1.8 G5 turned out to be slower than the 20-month old Quicksilver I had just sold (equipped with 4 internal drives for a total of 750+ GB, a Titanium G4 Ti graphics cards, and 1.5GB of RAM that I sold for $1900)"

Hardly a fair comparison. In what applications did you feel this "slowness"? Did you equip your new G5 to the same specs as your old G4 QS? Did you know that the graphics card on the G5 sucks compared to the GeForce 4Ti? (at least, I got that impression from the people here on AI) You do realize that the current state of Mac software and the Mac OS haven't even begun to tap the sheer power of this machine?

MacWorld, MacAddict, even PC Magazine have attested to the power of the Dual 2 Ghz G5...honestly, if a new 1.33 Ghz 17" AlBook or a Dual 2 Ghz G5 won't satisfy you...what on God's green earth will!?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    The phrase "spec whore" was designed with idiots like this in mind.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    If you read the whole article, the whole thing is really based on his "feeling" during use, rather than on anything really tangible.

While I didn't feel that the performace was that snappy at first, once I started to do some real work with it, I found that it's performance was a marked improvement over previous Powermacs.

I guess if all you do is websurf and write documents, there probably isn't much difference between the G5 and a G4, but for those that do other things, there is a difference.

Spec whore is right!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Manzione is the atypical user. He's owned almost every model. His experiences is not endemic of the rest of us. Man is he ever the whiner. The regular user upgrades every 3-5 years. Knowing how long macs last. But Manzione has replaced his machines so often with the G4's glacial speed improvements, the quantum leap he's expecting from g4 to g5 just isn't there.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Any company can sell a lemon.

If this guy bought Dells he'd have more problems.

If he bought eMachines, he's have to buy one a week.

Does eMachines still exist?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Not a spec whore or atypical user, but a fraud. He most likely trashes those computers. He didn't listen to me or the techs when many of us suffered the screen glitches on our GF4MX Power Macs. Have you seen his 17" PB video where he mashes on it?

He's basically a big lying baby.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    It's all very suspicious. After the trouble he was supposed to have had with the Powerbook (which no one else had), and Apple's "attitude" towards him (and him alone apparently), why does he continue to spend thousands of dollars on Apple stuff?

There's something very wrong with that site.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    I'm pretty sure he works/worked for PC Connection, so that's probably how he gets most of his toys. It's probably why he doesn't at all care about smashing them to pieces either.

And not surprisingly, he writes like he behaves--with the maturity of a 5th grader. I sooooo wish I believed in karma right now.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    To quote Samuel L. Jackson from everyones favorite dinosaur movie:

"Look at this workstation! What a complete slob!"