Questions (and a tip) about third hard drive in G4...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
1. Where do I get one of those U-shaped dealies to put a third hard drive into my G4?

2. What PCI IDE hard drive adapter would you reccommend? I was checking out the Sonnet Tempo 100 for 100 beans.

3. For "payment" for answering these questions, I will provide a pretty nice tip:

As if most of you don't already... check out Outpost.com. They're offering a $75 rebate on an 80gig, 7200RPM Western Digtial hard drive, bringing the price down to $125. Catch: you must buy by tomorrow.

<a href="http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3006489/"; target="_blank">Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM HD</a>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    1. Check with a mac dealer. All them should have it. Personally I like Maczone.com.

2. My friend has a Sonnet Tempo 66 & it works well. No drivers required & OS X compatable. $100 sounds like a reasonable price for the Tempo 100.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Good idea... I'll check with a Mac dealer.

Another quick question, should I be worried about heat issues with three drives in the case?

Derek
  • Reply 3 of 4
    i have 4 hard drives in my mac with no problems. watch that none of the cables block the fans.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    you only really run into heat issues when you're putting 10,000+ RPM SCSI drives on top of one another. IDE drives are nothin'