Polyphonic ring tones for T610 - how to make?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have just downloaded PhoneAgent which seem to be a great application but it doesn't do the one thing I would like to do whichis to makemy own ringtones. I can't seem to find any info as every site I google takes me to a commercial site selling ringtones. The re-direction is very deliberate, the links are for "How to make polyphonic ringtones".

Any clues?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    niconico Posts: 50member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

I have just downloaded PhoneAgent which seem to be a great application but it doesn't do the one thing I would like to do whichis to makemy own ringtones. I can't seem to find any info as every site I google takes me to a commercial site selling ringtones. The re-direction is very deliberate, the links are for "How to make polyphonic ringtones".

Any clues?

Ok, i did that:

- Download lots of midi files (search "free MIDI songs" on google)

- With QuickTime Pro i selected only the part of the song that i like, anf that will be my ringtone.

- Open apple Bluetooth Utility and send it to my Nokia 7650 (that use the same operating system of T610, Symbian OS).

- Then on my Nokia i slected the recived midi file as my favourite ringtone.

Very simple !

Bye

Nico
  • Reply 2 of 7
    For what it's worth, the T610 does not run on Symbian. And Bluetooth Utility doesn't only work with Symbian to begin with, if that's what you're implying.

What Addison is really asking, though, is how to make them, and not how to transfer them. I'm quite certain he's very easily figured out the latter.

Perhaps you can try Apple Soundtrack? I've also converted portions of a couple of MP3/AAC files to MIDI, but this seems to work well only with instrumental pieces.

Edit: Found a couple of applications on VersionTracker. Here you go.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Are Polyphonic ring tone midi?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Are Polyphonic ring tone midi?

Doesn't 'polyphonic' just refer to a wider range of chords?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    You are probably right. I browsed the phone using the BT Exchange programme in Utilities and can confirm that the sounds are midi.

I have quicktimepro and accoding to Apples web site I should be able to export files as midi, but I can see an option to do that. I want to convert a .wav file to a midi file, but I can find an application that will do that. Please can someone explain how I can do this with quicktime or if it is not possible suggest an application that can.

Thanks.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

You are probably right. I browsed the phone using the BT Exchange programme in Utilities and can confirm that the sounds are midi.

I have quicktimepro and accoding to Apples web site I should be able to export files as midi, but I can see an option to do that. I want to convert a .wav file to a midi file, but I can find an application that will do that. Please can someone explain how I can do this with quicktime or if it is not possible suggest an application that can.

Thanks.

Erm you can and cannot do what? I am rather confused by your message.

I have QuickTime Pro too, and I have the option of exporting "Music to Standard MIDI", but only for files originally in the MIDI format. Search VersionTracker; I'm pretty sure you'll find something for that.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I am importing a .wav file and I want to save as .mid. I thought I could do it with Quicktime, but there is no save as midi. I did not know that that option would appear if you start with a midi file, hence my post.

So what I would like to know is what application can I use to convert a .wav file into a .mid file?