Anyone having keyboard trouble with new Al PB15"?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Just a quick one. My new AlPB15" is near to perfect ... just the F10 key seems to act a bit odd. It somehow has more resistence until it reacts to a key press and seems to have some kind of hard snap-back (I can even hear it). Anyone else have this?

It's the backlit brightness key!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    F10 is keyboard brightness. Also check to make sure nothing is under it, I think there was something under my delete key and I had a hard time pushing it and was freaked out. I just put it on a steep slant and blew hard. The snap worries me though.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

Just a quick one. My new AlPB15" is near to perfect ... just the F10 key seems to act a bit odd. It somehow has more resistence until it reacts to a key press and seems to have some kind of hard snap-back (I can even hear it). Anyone else have this?

It's the backlit brightness key!

Yes! I just noticed this problem today. That small area of the keyboard seems to act that way.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    When I pressed that button, my PB caught fire and now I just have a burnt out aluminium shell.

Just joking, no problems on my roommates PB (I thought that I would help to balance out the reports of the F10 key).