iPod battery life

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I heard some bad things about battery lives on iPods, but I'm impressed by my new 40GB one. Took it out of the dock this morning, at 10.30. Listened to it on the way to work, and then plugged it in to a stereo at work to listen to music there. Came back home, again listening to music. Now, at 10.50PM, it's still going strong...

I make that between 10 and 12 hours use, so far? Have used the backlight intermittently, but not often. Pod has been in standby some of the time, hence the conservative time.

Can I expect the pod to maintain this battery life, assuming I treat it nicely?

Also, can anyone reccomend a good supplier for iPod cases in the UK?

Thanks,

--Mike

Update: it cut out at 11.15PM...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I thought the new iPods had a rated life of up to 8 hours. The batteries are smaller then the originaland have less capacity.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    That's their rated life, yes. However mine seemed to run a bit (2-4 hours) more than that...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    I get nowhere near that (maybe 5 hrs max), tho I use all 192k aac so the hdd would be being accessed a lot more than using smaller mp3's... Does this sound right to other peeps.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Yep higher coding bit rates shorten battery life. My experience has been around 8 - 9 hours although I don't use the back light virtually at all.