Software to use with audio line-in on G5?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm trying to either play music, or record music using the audio line in on my G5. I went to the sound preferences and selected the line in and saw that it was playing and reading...but i cant find any way to get the music to play or show up anywhere else. anyone know how i can play or record music using this input? i have toast titanium 5...i cant find anything with that though. I appreciate any info or suggestions. thanks

vince

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Can't help you but you may get more answers if you post in Genius Bar.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    is that at the apple site? or is it a seperate site?

Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Can't help you but you may get more answers if you post in Genius Bar.

• Reply 3 of 7
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
  • Reply 4 of 7
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I don't think this is really Genius Bar material, since he's not trying to solve a problem really, rather, trying to find out how to go about recording audio.

It'll be a software recommendation most likely, so I think a move to the Software forum will be the most helpful.

(also making a small edit to your title to make it more clear)

BTW, I use SoundStudio.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Heya-

Peak in any of its flavors (LE, 4.0, etc) works wonderfully as a recording tool. Bias is the company that produces it.

Most soft-samplers are more than capable of the kind of recording options you are looking for, although it would kind of be overkill.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Try SoundStudio to see if it works.....

www.felttip.com
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Hey thanks everyone...im gonna start trying stuff shortly.. i'll let you know what kinda luck i have