Buy a Sony Ericcson T616 and Salling Clicker!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just do it. It is so cool. I used to dream off this kind of technology and it is finally here. I was controing iTunes from my backyard while having a party this weekend!!!! For business types full control of iPhoto and Keynote, etc. I still can't believe it. It fukking rules. For current at&t users, I talked them into selling me the phone for $125, giving a $50 rebate, and free shipping. I ordered the phone by calling 611 on Thurs. afternoon and got the phone Fri. at 3!! less than 24 hours to Tucson!!

BUY IT!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    How is this any 'better' then:

The keyspan does the same deal, just not via bluetooth... (looks confused)
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

How is this any 'better' then:

The keyspan does the same deal, just not via bluetooth... (looks confused)

It's not as cool if it doesn't use bluetooth, plus the Keyspan requires line-of-sight.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Whisper

...plus the Keyspan requires line-of-sight.

Sorry, I forgot, last time I did a presentation I usually stand BEHIND the screen or in another room as I present.

For music I can see this as a 'maybe' but bluetooths range is limited too. I doubt you can justify the cost of such phones as opposed to this handy remote...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

I doubt you can justify the cost of such phones as opposed to this handy remote...

I can justify FREE. Amazon.com has the T610 from T-Mobile and the T616 from ATT for FREE after rebates. I got my T68i this way and yes I did get the rebates.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

How is this any 'better' than the keyspan

It gives you feedback.

I use Clicker 2.0 with my T68i. While controlling iTunes, the screen of the phone shows the current track. You can browse your music collection from the phone (perform searches by artist or album). It seems a keyspan remote is only useful if you have a huge screen (all functions other than play/pause, volume up/down or next/previous slide/photo require the screen to be readable), and I have a 12" powerbook...

You can also set scripts when receiving new calls. When I'm listening to music and the phone rings, iTunes pauses and Clicker notifies me on the powerbook screen (shows the caller's name or number when available). When I hang up, the music resumes. As I work on the train, wearing headphones, I can leave the phone silent in my pocket and still know when someone is calling me (and decide wether I want to pick up or not) without bugging the people next to me.

During a Powerpoint presentation, you can also set Clicker to show you the text notes for the current slide on the screen of the phone, so that you can read them without showing them to the audience. On the T68i, the screen is really small, so you have to limit yourself to short and very important notes, but on a Palm (Clicker can work with a BlueTooth Palm too) that's cool (for some people anyway).

Clicker costs 10$, and the T68i cost me 60?, direct from my favourite French mobile carrier 6/8 months ago (bet you can get it for free with a 1 or 2 year contract by now).

And it's a phone too...
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

I can justify FREE. Amazon.com has the T610 from T-Mobile and the T616 from ATT for FREE after rebates. I got my T68i this way and yes I did get the rebates.

Free with contract...
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I ended paying $75 after rebates, and my old phone (Nokia 7210) sells on ebay for about $175. In a way I made money.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    thedustin, check you PMs. I sent you one about another thread.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Clicked the wrong button... Ignore