apple in the enterprise

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
macs in the enterprise. read the comments

An intereesting experiment. One reader suggests his large company may be moving to apple hardware. I wonder how many other large organizations are pondering the same decision. I realize apple has a small enterprise sales team, but with xserve and other macs, and perhaps combines with IBM's unix servers, an organiztion has a complete, stable solution that their employees can uses easily as well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by jade

macs in the enterprise. read the comments

An intereesting experiment. One reader suggests his large company may be moving to apple hardware. I wonder how many other large organizations are pondering the same decision. I realize apple has a small enterprise sales team, but with xserve and other macs, and perhaps combines with IBM's unix servers, an organiztion has a complete, stable solution that their employees can uses easily as well.

I think things swing (in any industry). People go searching for the cheapest garbage they can get. Then, as they encounter trouble they buy better with the next purchase. Right now the industry is fed up with failures. So the opportunity is right for Apple to break into this market. Plus, it seems like Apple is really taking it serious right now with a number of their products, xserve being the main one. I think were going to see good things happen because of this!!