Drinking Thread

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ran out of beer today. I tried getting a buzz from a bottle of white wine, but it didn't really do a whole hell of a lot.

I do have a bottle of scotch here, but I think I'm too much of a nancy-boy to down it straight.

What did you drink tonight?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    beer, vodka, tequilla, scotch, gin.

but that was last night. tonight i'm recovering.
  • Reply 2 of 33
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Ran out of beer today. I tried getting a buzz from a bottle of white wine, but it didn't really do a whole hell of a lot.

I do have a bottle of scotch here, but I think I'm too much of a nancy-boy to down it straight.

Nothing, but i expect to drink some good wines, tomorrow for my tenth wedding birthday
  • Reply 3 of 33
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I have one more glass of wine to go.

I feel like such a pussy for drinking this shit that I just HAVE to down a few shots of scotch to even it out.
  • Reply 4 of 33
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Just a single pint o' Guinness...

But this afternoon I cracked open two bottles of scotch I picked up in NY on the way back from Montreal...

The Macallan Cask Strength, and Balvenie 21yr Port Cask Aged.

Oh. My. Dear. God. Both are just unreal.
  • Reply 5 of 33
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

I have one more glass of wine to go.

I feel like such a pussy for drinking this shit that I just HAVE to down a few shots of scotch to even it out.

I like how you "even out" your alcohol by drinking more alcohol.

There should be a drinking smiley... there's already a smoking one.
  • Reply 6 of 33
    Quote:

The proper way to drink cheap, white wine when you're alone or in low-class company (preferably something not too sweet. . .a chardonnay perhaps) is to fist it. . . . I remember, about a year ago, when I had two bottles of decent (US$12/bottle) red wine that were meant for a date since all restaurants are byob around here. But before the date could happen I pissed off the company, and I was just left with two bottles of red wine.

shitballs. Two bottles of wine can really do it.

Anyway, sack it up and drink the scotch on the rocks. Seriously, there's nothing you can do to scotch. It doesn't mix too well with anything, and all of my scotch mixing episodes have resulted in really bad drinks. What kind of scotch do you have there, out of curiosity?
  • Reply 7 of 33
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

"I'll take 'I Have A Hard-On' for $400"

I HAVE A *HARDON***

"Hah hah hah!"

"How did you get that marker? We frisked you on the way in here!"

"Oh, I wasn't keeping it in my pocket."

"Now, that's enough..."

"I bet if you had frisked me you would have found it."

"That's wonderful, Sean..."

"Because I was keeping it in my butt!"

Mentioning Chardonnay made me thing of this... too bad SNL sucks now.

Anyway, I have yet to be introduced to the full effects of alcohol. I've had alcohol before, in small amounts. I generally like it but I've never gotten drunk before and I don't plan on doing so anytime soon. But I guess, being a sophomore in college, it's only a matter of time... heh, maybe I can get some play while I'm at it, although that's probably not a good thing
  • Reply 8 of 33
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I had milk. Mother milk. Mhhmmmmm.
  • Reply 9 of 33
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    A couple of Guinness at a pizza joint and then some Buds at a strip club. Strangely it was the most sober I've ever been in a strip joint.
  • Reply 10 of 33
    Quote:

low-class company preferably something not too sweet. . .a chardonnay perhaps... fist it

Mmmmmm... Chardonnay

Sorry, got distracted, need more Vodka.
  • Reply 11 of 33
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Am I the only one vaguely disturbed by that photo coming directly after... "a chardonnay perhaps... fist it" ??
  • Reply 12 of 33
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    a shot of vodka tonite. tomorrw 2 flights, of which 1 intercontinental ... so i hope, a few mini bottles of wine, some vodka maybe and baileys...
  • Reply 13 of 33
    Who the hell is that?

You misconstruants, you.

I think I invented a new word.
  • Reply 14 of 33
    Quote:

Who the hell is that?

That's Chardonnay. (A character in a useless UK soap about footballers wives). Shes 'low-class company preferably something not too sweet' that was what you meant wasn't it?

Right I've had to edit 'wasn't' 3 times now...no more posting, too drunk.
  • Reply 15 of 33
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Ran out of beer today.

A tragedy on the order of... um... running out of... of... nope, can't think of anything around the house that I need less than beer.
  • Reply 16 of 33
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Last night: red wine.

Tonight: beer.

Tomorrow? I'll report back.
  • Reply 17 of 33
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Last night: Pale Ale, IPA then a shorty of Breakfast Stout. Couple of Graham's 20 year Portos before bed.

Today: shorty Breakfast Stout with lunch, then 2 IPAs and a Raspberry Lambic for dinner. Probably have a couple bottles of Pale before I go home for the night. Probably another Porto before bed...maybe two.

Yum.
  • Reply 18 of 33
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Made a scotch, gin and beer cocktail tonight. Spilt 8/9ths of it. Made a gin/gin/gin/gin/scotch/beer cocktail (I'm out of scotch) to lessen the pain. Man. I bet there's no worse feeling than the feeling you get when you spill a perfectly good drink.

• Reply 19 of 33
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Man. I bet there's no worse feeling than the feeling you get when you spill a perfectly good drink.

I know your pain. In fact, my local Mac dealer keeps an 'emergency' keyboard in stock for me at all times.
  • Reply 20 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zarathustra

That's Chardonnay. (A character in a useless UK soap about footballers wives). Shes 'low-class company preferably something not too sweet' that was what you meant wasn't it?

Right I've had to edit 'wasn't' 3 times now...no more posting, too drunk.

I had no idea. (not a limie)

A bit of a coincidence then, but a cheap chardonnay is indeed as described, so perhaps the name fits.