Windows users don't understand iTunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
A common reaction I get when I mention to Windows-using friends that iTunes will soon be out for the PC is "Why would I use iTunes? Don't you have to pay for all your music?"

There is a misconception that iTunes = iTMS, and they don't realize that iTunes is an awesome library management tool, similar (but way better than) MusicMatch, and not just a store. Hopefully people will become more aware of this fact.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Well you know you just have to put out honey, "Sure the online store is a ligit' download service but better than that it's a nice MP3 tool that works with your iPod...."
  • Reply 2 of 10
    If they are the kind of cheap-ass person who A) doesn't own a Mac B) doesn't own an iPod and C) doesn't want to pay for downloadable music then who *cares* if they don't get iTunes.

I say fvck'em, because unless they do (or will do) one of those three things then providing them with an excellent audio management app does nothing for Apple, or for me as an Apple user.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I run into people that think I had to pay to put all my own albums onto the iPod.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I run into people who think I have to pay every time I burn a CD with iTMS music on it.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Noleli2

A common reaction I get when I mention to Windows-using friends that iTunes will soon be out for the PC is "Why would I use iTunes? Don't you have to pay for all your music?"

There is a misconception that iTunes = iTMS, and they don't realize that iTunes is an awesome library management tool, similar (but way better than) MusicMatch, and not just a store. Hopefully people will become more aware of this fact.

yeah, i am like, "dudes, iTunes for Windows is probably going to come out on Thursday." and they are like" Why WOULD I WANT TO PAY FOR music i can get for FREE?!"

Yeah, it is a common misconception, and they don't relize that I dont have to use two or three different programs to do what iTunes does ( id3 tag editor, player, burning"
  • Reply 6 of 10
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    And they also don't realize that their theory on getting music for free is like "Why would I want to buy a stereo to listen to it when I can get one for free by breaking into the store tonight? Duh.." Ok it's not like that, but even though I have downloaded some music in my day I realize that Kazaa is not a legitimate music source. Don't want to turn this into a 'music stealing' thread... but anyways, I try to get my PC friends pumped on iTunes for Windows, and if they understand the difference between the software and the store, they think you need an iPod to use iTunes. Eh.. they'll get it eventually, I hope, it's great software, and I hope the Windows version is just as awesome as ours. I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen any leaks, or heard of it.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    i am talking to my friend now about it and I asked him if he uses the same program to play music and burn cd's...

of course NO was the answer

I really hope that iTunes for Windows is as good as our version... besides having the same Music Store policy, who knows.,..but, who knows if Apple will be able to support CD Burning, they will be able to support Vizualization, and Playlists , and Library and tag management

well, i guess we will all see in about 13~14 hours, rigghtg?

• Reply 8 of 10
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Yes, I have had people think the only thing you can play on an iPod is music you've bought from iTMS
  • Reply 9 of 10
    What is iTunes?

"i think its a tiny device where you can download, possibly paying for, songs and store them for easy usage designed for audio pleasure

"
  • Reply 10 of 10
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Look guys we all know that flies like to swarm around a big pile of shit. But I'm telling you that if you put the honey out there and show them where it is ... you'll catch them!