Alu PB 12" black dots on palm rest

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
GRRRRRRRR

I notice some black dots located on the palm rest of my 6 months old PB.

Needless to say, I thought choosing a titanium or whatever casing would prevent this.

It didn't.

Have you the same small black dots on yours ?

Have you a record of acid palm sweat in you family ?

WTF are these black dots on a 2000$ machine ?

GRRRRRRRRRR

yogix

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    those black dots are most likely little clumps of dead, dirty skin. it's rubbing off on the machine. wipe it off with a damp cloth. (don't use alcohol)

nothing much anyone can do about dead skin. other than wash your hands more often.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ;-)

well actually other parts of the keyboard are dirty, so it's definitely not dirt!

Looking more precisely at the dots, they appear to be tiny black HOLES, not really dots.

What does it imply ? fabric is lame ?

I can post a pic if you're interested.

GRRRRRRR (again)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    post a pic, i'd love to see it if they're pits. my wife has that laptop and 0 pits of any kind.

try to take at least one picture that's almost level so we can tell if the spots are raised or sunken.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    if they are holes, the alu is probably being eaten away from the oils on your hands.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Aluminum does not disintegrate only from touching. Especially not in the form of pit holes. 'nuff said.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I've got 3 of them myself. I just chalk it up to much use and slightly sweaty palms. I think the finish is wiping off.