What don't you like about iTunes?

Any problems buying music?

Any problems with the installation?

Any problems in general?

I want some details!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    As I live in Europe, I don't have access to the iTMS .

The UI is a misfit on the platform

Rendezvous sharing is great

Installation failed on the first attempt

Having to restart after installing is a nuisance

Does not play any audio CDs - comes to foreground, but doesn't show the CD on the left

It's a bit on the slow side, concerning UI

Works great, not a single crash yet.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

The UI is a misfit on the platform

Rendezvous sharing is great

Installation failed on the first attempt

Having to restart after installing is a nuisance

Does not play any audio CDs - comes to foreground, but doesn't show the CD on the left

It's a bit on the slow side, concerning UI

Works great, not a single crash yet.

I don't mind the UI. I know it doesn't really fit on the PC but since I'm so used to the interface it doesn't bother me.

The installation went smoothly on my Win 2k PC and my wife's Win XP PC.

Restarting is a nuisance

Everything else is butta baby. Sharing my Mp3s from my Mac is great and I don't have any real complaints so far.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    i cant even connect to buy any songs! lol when i try to login it says:

:this apple id has not been used with the itunes music store, please review your account information"

then when i try to start a new account thinking maybe the old one is bad somehow it says:

(at step one) when i click "agree"

"could not complete the music store request. the store may be busy, check your internet connection, or try again later"

sheesh!

id love to buy the new jonny lang cd but...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    24 hours later and i STILL cannot buy any songs from the itunes music store...

after it tells me my apple id has not been used when i click "review" (my account) it appears to access the itunes store then nothing happens...

just got off the phone with apple support and they wanna charge me 45 bucks to see if its an issue with the software or my end (i told them im an advanced user, so everythings cool on this end)

i had even invited potential windows switchers over to show them how cool itunes was and was quite embarrased that it didn't work. i still cant even create a new account.

i even made sure to have the latest service packs, turned my firewall off/on norton off/on reinstalled itunes, played with internet settings, closed programs down etc. and no go.

at least we know they're getting lots of visits to download itunes.

anybody else having trouble with the itunes for windows store?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    ok after trying EVERYTHING (or so i thought) i wondered "what could possibly be causing this on my end that i havent thought of" and after searching through the apple boards i wondered if it might be my router. so i went and upgraded the firmware and BINGO! im in!