OS x on slave?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi, I'm planning on installing OSX on a second slave drive in my beige g3. Should I make my OS 9.2.2 the master and the new osx drive slave, or the other way around? Does it really matter? Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    noooo.... but your beige g3 might not agree with you when you put in a slave. Rev.1 (most) beige g3 won't be able to "see" the slave drive.

Why not just install on the same drive as os9? You do not need to put the two on separate drives... or partitions for that matter.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    so when you say "noooooo" you're saying it wont matter if it's on the slave? I have a rev. b, so it should be able to handle a slave.

I wanna keep it separate cuz I'm low on space on my main HD. OS x isn't going to be my main OS so i don't want to take up space on my main drive for it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I am running a Blue and White G3 with 2 hard drives installed. My original hard drive is running 9.2 and my slave drive is running OS 10.2.6 with no problems. I have been running OS X on my slave drive ever since 10.1 and I haven't had any problems.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Galen

so when you say "noooooo" you're saying it wont matter if it's on the slave? I have a rev. b, so it should be able to handle a slave.

I wanna keep it separate cuz I'm low on space on my main HD. OS x isn't going to be my main OS so i don't want to take up space on my main drive for it.

I said "nooooo" because it will not matter which drive you put it on.