online, or at the store?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
hmm... when I buy my powerbook, should I buy it from apple's online store, or their physical store in the mall? Does online charge tax? cause if I DID buy it at their real store, it would be about $120 in taxes!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ichiban_jay

hmm... when I buy my powerbook, should I buy it from apple's online store, or their physical store in the mall? Does online charge tax? cause if I DID buy it at their real store, it would be about $120 in taxes!

The Apple Store does charge sales tax. Other retailers don't. You should buy elsewhere if you don't have a really good reason to buy from the Apple Store.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    it's because the apple store has studen discounts. Do other stores have it?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ichiban_jay

it's because the apple store has studen discounts. Do other stores have it?

That's what I would call a really good reason. Even the Apple retail stores give you your student discount. No, other stores don't give you a student discount.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    If you buy online on a store that does not exist in your state, you save sales tax. My choises are between macmall.com and jandr.com. Maybe macmall this time.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by penseive

That's what I would call a really good reason. Even the Apple retail stores give you your student discount. No, other stores don't give you a student discount.

Yes they do. I got a .gov discount on J&R for the iPod. When I could prove them why I should get .gov price, and that apple gave it for that and that price for .govs.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    ok so I live in AZ and there is a apple store. SO if I order online, they would charge me the sales tax of my state? O well, still cheaper than without discounts. hmm which is cheaper discount? cause my dad also works for the gov't
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Student discount is bigger than the .gov discount.